The "editor" for your HTML widget is THE Worst editor ....

• Problem
  • Updated 8 years ago
  • Not a Problem
The HTML "editor" doesn't always let you see/find the cursor! It won't let you hilite a section to delete it, or replace it! it's just a BAD editor. There MUST be a better one out there in the internet world...
Photo of Richard

Richard

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • sad, frustrated, Plus!

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of sean kelly

sean kelly

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
The html editor is fine,works like a charm on google chrome,why anyone would even use ie(except after just buyin a pc or reinstallin windows-to d/l chrome with)its an awful browser with so many flaws,i think the real clue is in the fact it doesnt work with its OWN OPS SYSTEM -ie windows vista! Which is,sadly where may peoples problems originate,then blame yola,who are no more responsible than anyone at all.press or drag html box or click edit-edit html+hit save.........i dont see the problem,as for the cursor in text-think the default may be set to white-mine was,but i know that a simple click of the mouse in the text area will allow me to type.I think the site is ok+they at least try 2 help if you have an issue........which many dont in this cae!
Photo of Nathaniel Johnson

Nathaniel Johnson

• 24 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I have used Internet Explorer for years, and it is awesome! I never have a problem with it. I have Windows 7 Home Premium. I have Internet Explorer 8. I never really liked Mozzilla Firefox and I have never tried Chrome. But internet explorer works awesome for me.
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
Acctually, now I have a problem with IE8 and I use Google Chrome now!
Photo of Richard

Richard

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm the one who started this, I never updated what I found.... I ONLY had this problem (editor not working very well) when using Microsoft's Internet Explorer!!! If I used Mozilla's Firefox, I have ZERO problems with the editor.

Which browser are you [you people at Yola] using????

-Richard
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi Richard - generally we use Firefox at Yola. But we do testing across all browsers we support (Firefox, IE and Safari). We have made some changes to the HTML editor since you originally posted this thread - have they been noticeable to you?
Photo of Lozu

Lozu

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
What i do is get a Notepad program or Dreamweaver and edit stuff, after that I just go and copy the whole HTML and then paste into the box.
No worries and No fuss have been made to me.
Hope that helps...
Photo of wildbike

wildbike

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I agree!!!! Why can't you just add html in with the rest of the page elements? Why does the html HAVE to be SEPARATE? Would be nice if could be combined. Or...just find a better html editor to use with Yola.
Photo of wildbike

wildbike

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Okay. I feel dumb now. I made a comment before reading everyone else's. I know a little html. I just haven't played around with the actual html editor in Yola to really know how to use that widget. I just type everything in a text editor box. By the way, I'm in love with Google Chrome!!! But Firefox is good, too.
Photo of Judy Pinkham

Judy Pinkham

• 16 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I never have a problem with the editor although I hate it also. I just copy and paste my html into word and work on it there then paste it back into yola. I hate typing stuff and the whole thing is gone. I do html manually and nothing makes me madder than to have to start over. So until they fix that I go outside the editor to keep my sanity.
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello Judy

I noticed that you said that you copy and paste your HTML into Word? I need to advise you that this is not a good idea. Word has proprietary formatting which can break your site or cause problems with how your site functions.

I suggest using NotePad to strip away the codes. Then, you can add your text safely into your Sitebuilder.

I'd just hate for you to discover issues in your site due to the Word coding.
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
The new HTML editor is the BEST! I like the animation the best!
Photo of pickleclarke

pickleclarke

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello, silly question,but I am trying to delete a picture widget.I press delete loads of times but it still remains.How should I get rid of it.
Thank you.
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
If you can't delete it, it might be because of a bad HTML code. If that is what happened, you wont really be able to delete some stuff. Switch the layout to 3-over-1 and that ussually it will break the bad code and then drag the picture into one of the three top columns and delete it. This always works for me. Hope this helps!

Nathan
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Good suggestion Nathan.
Photo of Kershnee

Kershnee

• 2087 Posts
  • 152 Reply Likes
Hi Pickleclarke,

did you click on the X in the upper right hand corner of the Picture Widget to delete the widget? If you did do this and it is still not deleting, please can I have the URL of your site, the page this is happening on and the particular Picture Widget you would like to delete? I will then investigate further.
Photo of pickleclarke

pickleclarke

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
site url http://horrorclassicstheatre.yolasite... this is the page i want to remove the image/widget from.

This is what i want to delete http://sitebuilder.yola.com/ide/index...
I have put it elsewhere.

Thanks for any help.
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
Hey, you should try the comment I posted on your post above.
Photo of pickleclarke

pickleclarke

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Sorry Nathan I did not see your comment, above for some reason, just had an e-mail about your comment, and just tried what you said.Thanks for the tip, that did the trick and deleted the widget. Thank you.
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
Your welcome! :)
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
The HTML editor is NOT the worst! It's the best! Especially the zoom and fade thing with the new features! It works much better than before! This should be "The BEST editor..." ! Not the worst!
Photo of sonyia arnold

sonyia arnold

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
ive noticed that any problem i have all i have to do is e-mail yola and they do their best to resolve the issue if they can
Photo of Jasmine

Jasmine

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am having issues with adding code into my pages...for newsletters, etc.
I am not able to paste anything inside the html box when i open the widget.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Jasmine
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
Hi Jasmine, can you type in to the HTML widget? If you can type in it, the HTML widget might not be the problem. Are you copying the code from one browser and pasting it to Yola in another? If you do that, it wont work because the browsers for some reason can't copy from one to another. Can you post the following information:

- The URL of your website

- Your browser (i.e. Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.)

Nathan
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
In addition to Nathan's helpful suggestion, you can try using CTRL-v to paste your codes.

Please let me know if you have any further trouble with this.
Photo of Judy Pinkham

Judy Pinkham

• 16 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Obviously there are alot of problems with your html box. Maybe you should work on making it more user friendly. Now I have never had a problem until now. I am not still pasting from word I am directly typing in the html box. I know what I am doing as you are. What I don't know is why my links are breaking and why there are missing or extra characters in there all of a sudden. I build websites and I can't build them here and sell them thru yola domains if they don't work. I have been building along time and my repetition is on the line here. Please fix whats wrong soon, I have 7 pending Business sites to make. Thanks in advance. This is more a comment than needing advice. Thank you
Photo of Mark N

Mark N

• 466 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
Here's a tip: If you're not happy with the HTML editor, simply use the Google Gadgets widget as this will accept all sorts of widgets (including Widgetbox). I find this widget deals with HTML code much better than the HTML editor.
Photo of Nazlie

Nazlie

• 1721 Posts
  • 51 Reply Likes
Hi Marky

Thanks for adding this useful tip to this thread. We have made some improvements to our HTML Widget, however, some people may find your suggestion easier to use!
Nazlie
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
Hi guys, the HTML editor is the best ever! I don't know why you don't like the new one that zooms out and in and it looks nice! :)
Photo of Dimitris

Dimitris

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
To edit HTML code, use the "Notepad ++".
It is completely free and you can find it easily in google.
It highlights HTML code with colours and it is very easy to use.

Once you 're done editing the code in Notepad ++, you can paste it in yola's HTML editor.

Here is a picture, showing notepad ++ editing php code:
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
Yola's HTML editor has a Syntax Highlighter too.
Photo of ngoc

ngoc

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I usually edit website pages with Easy Web Content and copy it back in. That solves my problem all the time!
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
Hi ngoc,

Yola has a "Text widget" and it does this same thing. It has the text editing toolbar to change the font settings and it you can add a link and stuff like that. Thanks for sharing though!