The HTML Widget is a little different now...

• Problem
  • Updated 8 years ago
  • Solved
When I logged into Yola I noticed that the HTML widget is different now. Before I used to be able to select text and drag the text to another place in the code, and now it wont let me. When I go to drag it, it wont let me. And, one of the bigger problems is that the code in <script> tags and <style> tags are no longer colored, so they are all black now. Here's a screen shot of what I mean:

The text inside isn't colored, and makes it harder to code.

Was this meant to be like this, or is it just a bug?

Thanks,
Nathan
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
  • confident

Posted 8 years ago

Photo of Andi North, Mangopear Media

Andi North, Mangopear Media

• 782 Posts
  • 111 Reply Likes
Hi Nathan,

The HTML editor(s) are all affected by a bug caused by an update that happened a couple of weeks ago!

I recommend copying and pasting the code into Notepad or Dreamweaver. The engineers are looking to fix all of these bugs as quick as possible.

Hope this helps,
Andi
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
Thanks Andi! I have a friend that is mad at the HTML widget he thought it was a change that Yola made I'll have to tell him what happened! :) Did someone post an update on this or did you find out by contacting support? It's funny I'm usually not the one asking the questions lol. Thanks for the answer!

Sincerely,
Nathan
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello Nathan,

Andi is correct. We are having troubles with our HTML Widget at the moment. We are still trying to assess the issue. We do apologize for the inconvenience.
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
It's okay. Good luck to the engineers on finding the issue, I'm sure that they will find it!
Photo of Amar

Amar

• 201 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Approximately how long will it take for a fix?

Amar
Photo of Justine

Justine

• 751 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
Hi Amar,
We are working on it, but as we are still trying to assess the issue it is not possible to give you a date yet. We will let you know as soon as we know!
Photo of Eat_A_Peach_5

Eat_A_Peach_5

• 57 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
I noticed yesterday while working in my site's Sitebuilder that there was an update to the Sitebuilder (I didn't see the entire message as I was uploading images and was actually in another tab reading an article when it popped up). I just saw the acknowledgement box after the update flash on-screen when I went back to the Yola tab in my browser to check on the progress of the photos I was uploading.
Was this update possibly something to do with the affected widgets? Or was it just a regular update to the program/Sitebuilder?
Peach :o)~
Photo of Andi North, Mangopear Media

Andi North, Mangopear Media

• 782 Posts
  • 111 Reply Likes
Hello Eat_A_Peach,

The affects on the HTML Editor have been around for much longer than yesterday, I believe it was caused by a previous Sitebuilder update (I cannot remember the date but it was just before the onslaught of comments that came afterwards).

I hope they can get it fixed as quick as possible!
Photo of Eat_A_Peach_5

Eat_A_Peach_5

• 57 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Hi Andi,
I was aware of the problem with the widget/editor was before yesterday, but thought maybe they might have sent an update that was to fix it (didn't work if it was, but coding ain't easy ;) I also noticed that I've lost the ability to highlight stuff in the HTML editor and right click to copy/paste or other options from the right click menu. I thought that it was due to an update I had applied to my FF browser, but it appears it might be related to the editor widget change.
Photo of Eat_A_Peach_5

Eat_A_Peach_5

• 57 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
PS - please call me Diane or Peach...It's so much effort to use my whole user name LOL (unless of course you're an Allman Brothers fan - in which case you're a friend for life!)
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello Diane,

The update that we had done was not related to the HTML Widget issue. We are still working on this as quickly as we possibly can. If you have lost the ability to highlight. I'm wondering if you need to update your Flash and your Java? Can you please try this? Also, what version of FF are you using? If you're using FF4 - this is still a bit buggy. We suggest rolling back to a previous version.
Photo of Eat_A_Peach_5

Eat_A_Peach_5

• 57 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
I can still highlight items, just don't get options when I right click. Posted a screen shot below for reference.
After highlighting, I just use ctrl-c to copy and ctrl-v to paste, so it's nothing major I can't get around, but it's tough getting your brain to do things differently when you're used to doing something a certain way all the time LOL!
Using Firefox 4.0.1 which is the latest stable build release - although it does have some bugs here and there, I'm not getting the missing right click menu options anywhere else other than the HTML editor here on the Sitebuilder.

Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hi Diane,
Thanks for letting us know! What you are seeing with the inability to copy and paste in the HTML Widget is a known bug that we are currently working on fixing. The workaround, as you have found, is to use the keyboard shortcut. When this has been fixed we will let you know. Thanks much for your patience while we work on this.

Kind Regards,
Emmy
Photo of Kevin

Kevin

• 475 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Please fix this soon. I'm trying to release something I made but I have to use notepad to put it on because I can't even select things properly! The flashing vertical line stays at the left side and I can't move it, not even with the arrow keys!
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello Kevin,

Our engineers are working on it as we speak. They are confident that they'll be able to release a fix this week! Thanks for your continuing patience.
Photo of Kevin

Kevin

• 475 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Ok Sanja. I'm looking forward to seeing this bug fixed!
Photo of Brianna

Brianna

• 2045 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Guys,

I am pleased to announce that our engineers have released a fix for this HTML bug. If you are not seeing changes on your end, you may need to clear your cache. Here's how: clear cache.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we located a fix! Certainly let us know if you continue to struggle with this.
Photo of Eat_A_Peach_5

Eat_A_Peach_5

• 57 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Thanks for the update on the fix Brianna! Finally got my editor working on this end and my goodness it's a lot easier to work on the site now ;) Excellent work and lots of praise to the engineers for their tireless efforts to get a fix released!!!!
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
Thanks Brianna for letting us know! I'm really glad that its fixed :-) Sorry for the late response.

Nathan