Online Store examples and features

• Idea
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Implemented
  • (Edited)
I'm building my site with an online store and had started adding the paypal cart, but the new online store looks like it has a lot more possibilities. Can anyone share personal experience with the new format? Is it user friendly? Would you care to share a link to your store that you've created using it? I'd love a bit more info before I pay for a subscription...
Photo of ms.espresso

ms.espresso

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Hi ms.espresso,

It's user friendly but not intuitive from a builders perspective. There is a learning curve but each section is not difficult. It is well referenced with an extensive library of Yola Tutorials.

A mock-up store I have made is http://davidsorchids.yolasite.com/spe...
Photo of Justine

Justine

• 751 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
Hi ms.espresso,

As Gop said, the Yola Online Store does have a learning curve but on the whole it is user-friendly and highly-functional. It provides advanced inventory, customer and order management that is not offered by the basic PayPal Widgets.

You're welcome to take a look at an example store that we've created: http://joescoffeeplace.yolasite.com/. We also have an FAQ that hopefully answers some of your questions: Yola Online Store: FAQ.

As with any service, there is always the possibility that it won't suit your needs. While we don't offer a trial-period, we do offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. We will be happy to refund you if you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase.

We, along with our helpful community members, are always available to answer any questions you have about the store.
Photo of onlyway

onlyway

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Ms.espresso
I am also building my store, I have a silver membership, there is a learning curve for sure, but it is worth spending the time, have a look at my site, it will take me months to put in all my products, but i sure do like what i see so far, i have had 5 clients sign up already, yola service is awesome as well, so just dive in, any questions i would be happy to share what i know
www.onlywayprinting.com
Photo of LaurieC

LaurieC

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi I am looking to open an online store. I was wondering if anyone has one that I could look at to see how they look. Thanks

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Online Store.
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Hello laurie,

As you can see a very nice line-up of Online Stores. You can see how easy it is for shoppers to see, select and checkout with their products. It is as good as some of the "hi-so" shopping carts and not a second runner at all.

What you don't see are the features not used by every builder for their store. These are very remarkable. One significant feature for experienced online shoppers is a place to put selected items safely for a period then come back to review, presumably after looking at other e-com stores or simply when the bank balance improves. This is managed by the online store by an easy customer sign-in and storing their selections for another day. The system will hold the list for up to 30 days and they can be placed aside for another 30 days if required by visiting again and reselecting the same items or then going ahead with the purchase or simply letting the interest drop and the items will be returned to the shelves by the system..

Another great feature affecting service (and will impress your customers) is the ability to send specific information on a product(s) or products that they have bought. This note can be generated automatically or as a single feature for a specific notice. This is an outstanding feature relatively recently developed and something I know a number of users have made good use of. Such notes can include potential delays in customs clearance; a reminder to have something ready before the item is received; a notice on import duty. Things that really don't sit well with product descriptions when there is just too much information that isn't needed by all and is not generally a consideration for purchase.

An important feature for owners who want to ship internationally is the ability to use multiple payment gateways. PayPal of course covers >90% of requirements but beyond this is the option for a user who doesn't have access to the standby PayPal to use other gateways. You simply link appropriate connectable gateways into the system. There is even a facility for a generic connection when a gateway has a standardised system but not a well known presence.

You can even create optional shipping providers which can be important for customers who are not as concerned about the delivery time as they are about the cost of shipping. Logistics companies rates are high, national postage carriers, at the standard end, tend to be an order of cost lower with a corresponding increase in delivery time.

These are some of the features I have used or worked with creators who wanted one or more of these. The methods for enabling these are generally in the extensive Ecwid Knowledge base, an easily searchable resource.
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas, Social Media Coordinator

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi LaurieC,

In addition to the online store examples shared above, I wanted to direct your attention to a few of the online stores we have featured on our blog:

PunyPixel
Ten Point
Never Have Dry Skin

And a few more we have yet to feature but likely will feature in the future:
Hannah Walker
Sinderella Dress Boutique

Finally there is the Yola example online store: Joe's Coffee.

I hope these give you an idea of the possibilities attainable using the Yola Online Store!
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas, Social Media Coordinator

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Another stunning store: http://www.rofasia.com/
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
This post is outdated. Please see our up to date information at the the top of this thread.
Photo of Lisa Phannoi

Lisa Phannoi

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Had a look at Hannah Walkers site & would like to do something similar. On her shop page there is photos for each menu eg bracelets, brooches. How do you do this ?
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello Lisa

I have spied on Hannah Walker's site for you :-), and can tell you that the user used images to create this category page. They must have created the images beforehand using an image editor programme, and added text to the images. To have image and text in one image makes it easy to make it a link as a whole. You can do this with Adobe Photoshop or the free alternatives Gimp.org (download required) or Pixlr.com (online editor).

What you can also do is to add text and images into Text Widgets and arrange them editing the margin of the widgets. If you're interested, I could give you an example in your Yola account how to add one link around both the picture and the text, editing the HTML of the Text Widget.
Photo of Lisa Phannoi

Lisa Phannoi

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
yes please. know how to do the pics, but it was more the connection from the photo to the shop page I meant, instead of using sub menus
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Lisa, that's pretty easy to achieve. All you need to do is to create a page where you drag and drop the Yola Online Store Widget. Then you click on "Edit" on the widget and just choose a category from the drop down menu in the left column of the dialogue box. Then it's only your products of that specific category which will be dislpayed on your page. Once done, you can just link from the image to this page. You can create multiple pages and add the Yola Online Store Widget to each of them, choosing a different product category.
Photo of ilkestonwebdesign

ilkestonwebdesign

• 28 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I really do not like the layout of the products and want to be able to customise this. Looking at video reviews it seems you only have three options in how the product is displayed. What I want to do is layout a simple list of items like a restaurant menu. I suspect this is easier to directly through Ecwid then Yola
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Hi,

You may like to look at a table view or a grid of 1 x X. Both these will give a vertical layout and you can apply your categories as a graphic selection or add them category wise to specific pages.

The Store allows for CSS mods within the Design facility of the Store and this can be done either with the native product or the Yola version. You can't modify the Store HTML as the Ecwid product doesn't allow for this.
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hello everybody

We've updated our list of Yola Online Store examples. There is a number of great stores, in multiple languages, built by Yola customers, and here are links to some of them (each one opens in a new tab):
Photo of Saskia

Saskia

• 110 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Thanks for the list Stefan!

I see that every store has a shopping bag in the right hand side bottom corner once you click to purchase something. Then it can open up and you have the overview of all products.

Is it possible to have the shopping bag displayed differently? For example like i have it in the right hand side top corner in below attachment? Or any other way...?

Cheers,
Saskia

Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hi Saskia

I found something on Ecwid's knowledge base about changing the minicart element. Today was too busy to look more deeply into it, but I'll try to make up for it tomorrow. You're welcome to make your own experiments in the meantime, using the link. ;-)

Please remind me by posting on this thread again in case I forget to follow up. Thanks.
Photo of Saskia

Saskia

• 110 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Thank you Stefan, no real rush with this yet as i have plenty of other designing to do before i get to creating the store. However i did try the codes from the link you provided and it just comes up as broken code, so i suppose i need to do a little more with it. Do i need to setup an account with Ecwid? (im reading something about store ID?) or do i need to create my online store first before this code will work? Im completely new to the online store and havent worked with it yet so feeling a bit confused.
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hi Sarah

I see, no problem! I'll try to assist you with your first steps with our Online Store as well as I can. You'll need to add your store ID to the code, otherwise it won't work. You can find your store ID in the Online Store Widget in your Sitebuilder. When you click on "Edit" to open the widget, your store ID displays in the left-hand side corner of the dialogue box.

I'll see if I can make some time to further look into this. It's good that you're not in a rush, it'll allow me to check things for you thouroughly.
Photo of Saskia

Saskia

• 110 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your reply. I totally understand now why it didn't work. I did not add the online store as i have not bought one yet. I want to get the rest of the design for this website done first so i don't have to pay for the store while im not actually using it yet. So never mind looking into this at this stage. It might be another month or 2 before i get to building the store and therefore the shopcart links. I will just contact Yola again when im ready and in need of your help.

Cheers!!