Tracking on Google Analytics died completely!

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 9 years ago
  • Answered
My Google Analytics was working fine for many months. All of a sudden I have a warning icon saying "tracking unknown" and all data is gone from my dashboard windows!! Two to Five days ago my traffic dwindled to a few to 1 to 0 and the warning icon above came on. I have not changed anything else except for a short week I had installed CuteRank web checker, but then uninstalled it. I don't know if this would cause my problem? I have now tried installing a slightly differently phrased code from Google's article on most current code versions, though my dashboard still shows the old version that was working fine. It hasn't helped at all. How can I fix this problem? I've checked everything I know to do and can't find any help on Google either as kindly suggested by Marije. I'm completely stumped and lost on this one. Can you help me? The green arrow check mark says receiving data but my dashboard is totally blank now. It was working fine and then nothing. My website is www.feedinghislambsministries.yolasit... hislambs@csolve.net
Photo of Jan

Jan

  • 36 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • so frustrated and lost

Posted 9 years ago

  • 1
Photo of UK Duke

UK Duke, Champion

  • 3321 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
Hi Jan,

Is your analytics set up with this url,

http ://feedinghislambsministries.yolasite.com/

or this,

http ://www.feedinghislambsministries.yolasit...

If its the second it will cause a problem - make sure its set up without the www.

Lee.
Photo of Donald

Donald

  • 2991 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
if it was working before I doubt that would be the problem... I recommend getclick, no problems, easier to use, and accurate analytics.
Photo of Jan

Jan

  • 36 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks Donald for the tip. I'll look into "getclick" as well. Have a great day,
Jan
Photo of Jan

Jan

  • 36 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks Lee, (UK Duke)
Actually my account is set up with the http version. Before I saw your reply I tried adding a second profile with a new name and posted it on 2 pages of my website. Ananlytics accepted it and by midnight was tracking BOTH urls.
Whether or not that fixed the problem I can't really say... I'm wondering if Google was down for 5 days in this department because now my Dashboard has a new option of Intelligent tracking which wasn't there before, or it may have been included with the slightly different code I had tried on the original tracking url. All I know is that it seems to be working again and I'm so grateful. It was very frustrating.

I will also look into "getclick" as suggested by Donald above.
Thanks again,
Jan.
Have a great day.