Transfer Domain From Yola

• Problem
  • Updated 9 years ago
I have been trying to transfer my domain away from Yola. I bought the domain April 3 (so more than 60 days). I unlocked the domain and received an auth-code. The new host is netfirms. I am being told on their site that my domain is "registered elsewhere" despite the fact that I left the domain unlocked.
Photo of addison

addison

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 9 years ago

Photo of addison

addison

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Possibly "domain privacy" is turned on. Can someone kindly look into this? I don't want to post my domain name here for privacy reasons, but when someone gets back to me, I'll message my domain name.

Thanks
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
 Hello addison,

Can you please let us know your domain URL and we can take a look and see if the issue is your domain privacy?

Thanks!

Photo of addison

addison

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
p.s i've just locked. as soon as you turn off domain privacy and I can actually transfer it, i'll unlock it again
Photo of jeremy

jeremy

• 1349 Posts
  • 90 Reply Likes
Hello Addison,

It does not look like you have domain privacy on your domain.

Could you please try unlocking your domain again - the transfer email should go to your sola.dawodu email address.

If this does not solve your problem, please let us know.
Photo of addison

addison

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi, I've unlocked the domain. I'm still getting the same problem:\
"redchalk.ca is registered elsewhere, but cannot be transferred to Nexx."
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hello Addison,
Jeremy is not currently online but I will forward this to him and he will be able to assist further when he returns. Thank you for your patience in the meantime.

Emmy
Photo of addison

addison

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have just spoken to Netfirms (Nexx) and I have been informed that since yola is part of tuscows you guys have to push the domain over to nexx reseller account.

To be quite honest I am getting really frustated. All I'm trying to do is transfer my domain and I have to jump through so many hoops.

Can someone please push my domain (redchalk.ca) into nexx reseller account?

Thanks I will really appreciate it. I will like to get this issue sorted out. as soon as possible. I am tired of sending numerous messages with no concrete resolution in sight.

Again this is very frustrating.
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello addison,

I am sorry that this has been quite frustrating. As Emmy mentioned, this thread has been forwarded to Jeremy for further assistance. Thanks for your continued patience.
Photo of jeremy

jeremy

• 1349 Posts
  • 90 Reply Likes
Hello Addison,

I have just received an email from our domain partners. They tell me all transfers are handled by the gaining party.

Have you unlocked your domain and received a transfer code?

If you have done this you should be able to transfer your domain to your new account - there should be nothing stopping you from transferring from our side.

Please let me know if you are still not able to transfer your domain
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hi Addison,

I just wanted to follow up and see if you are still having trouble with this? Also, I am wondering if you would be so kind to share with us why you are transferring your domain? Perhaps we can find a way to meet your needs? Furthermore, this feedback will help us to improve our services! Thanks!
Photo of addison

addison

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
My domain was finally transferred today. Thanks!

I did enjoy using yola and your staff have been very helpful. However, I've found that having a blog-type website rather than a website is more suitable to my website's needs. It's just easier to update and saves time.

Addy