Transfer from Yola to Godaddy 411 assistance and cost

• Question
  • Updated 8 years ago
  • Answered
What are the total cost to transfer a yola site to godaddy and what will I need to do? How will this process take? Please help.
Photo of Tony

Tony

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 8 years ago

Photo of jeremy

jeremy, Employee

• 1349 Posts
  • 90 Reply Likes
Hello Tony,

There is no cost from our side to transfer your domain away.

We can release your domain so that it is transferred to another domain registrar completely. You will receive an email with a code from us that you can give to your new domain registrar. To unlock and transfer your domain, follow the steps on this link: Transfer your domain to a new domain registrar .

Please note: Domain registrars require a mandatory 60-day waiting period between purchase and transfers. This is something beyond our control. If it less than 60 days since you purchased the domain from Yola, you will be unable to transfer it.

I hope this helps.
Photo of Varolo Villagers

Varolo Villagers

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Question...is there a way to download the .php files that my Yola site is built on to bring to GoDaddy?
Photo of jeremy

jeremy, Employee

• 1349 Posts
  • 90 Reply Likes
Hello Varolo,

To host your site yourself:

1. Click on the drop down arrow next to the green "Publish to the web" button.
2. Click "Publishing Settings".
3. In the publishing settings dialog box, click the "Download site zip" button You will then be able to download your site as a zipped file and you will be given the following instructions:

Hosting with your own service provider:

* Copy the site to the webroot of a php 5.2.x enabled web server
* Ensure that the "classes/work/templates_c" directory is writable by the web server (chmod 777 classes/work/templates_c on Unix / Linux boxes).
* Ensure that your host supports Sqlite3 if you have a blog on your site.

Please note that if you elect to host your site elsewhere, we can only support you with the process of creating your site, and downloading it. Thereafter all support relating to the hosting of your site will become the sole responsibility of your service provider.

The site you built will always be available in your Yola account for editing and updating even if you download your site as a zipped file and host it elsewhere. However, to put your changes live you would need to re-download your site and re-upload it to the servers of your hosting provider each time. If you host your site with us (either using a free subdomain or a domain of your own) you can update it with a single click - so it is a lot easier to make changes.

For additional detail, see: Download your Site and Host it Elsewhere

I hope this helps.
Photo of Varolo Villagers

Varolo Villagers

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Jeremy,

Thank you for the quick answer! I've paid for a year with Yola so I don't plan on going anywhere for a while...I was just more curious for the future.

Many thanks!