translation of the blog interface allowed?

• Question
  • Updated 10 years ago
  • Answered
I want to run a non-English blog. Is there a possibility to translate the blog interface in a different tongue?
Photo of uzzer

uzzer

• 45 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of Kershnee

Kershnee

• 2087 Posts
  • 152 Reply Likes
Hi Uzzer,

SynthaSite supports UNICODE. So you should be able to add text in the language of your choice. However, if you are asking for a feature to translate your site then this is something we still need to work on. Full internationalization of SynthaSite is definitely part of our plan.

Please let me know a bit more about what you would like, and I will see if there is a solution I can suggest.
Photo of uzzer

uzzer

• 45 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I am already making the site in another language; what I want to do is translate these titles:

That is I do not want to get the mix of articles in one language and titles such as "Tags", "Categories", etc in a different language (in English).
Photo of Kershnee

Kershnee

• 2087 Posts
  • 152 Reply Likes
Hi Uzzer,

Unfortunately it is not possible to change these titles to another language. I'm sorry I could not be of more assistance on this.
Photo of uzzer

uzzer

• 45 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
ok
Photo of uzzer

uzzer

• 45 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
An idea just crossed my mind: could you just make it possible for users to change the title of the widget (this can be done in Blogger, I guess it should not be difficult on your side)?

Then I would be able to write what I need in my language, without affecting the default titles in any way.
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Yes, Peter is right uzzer. This is a bug that needs to be fixed. At this time the About Me widget is not accepting other characters. We will let you know when this has been fixed. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Photo of Peter

Peter

• 2569 Posts
  • 113 Reply Likes
Hi Uzzer,

As an example the "About Me" Blog widget should be changeable but it doesn't work. It was simply a bug. Everything else allows UNICODE but not this. I haven't tried other blog widgets.

Which widgets specifically did you wish to change the title?
Photo of uzzer

uzzer

• 45 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
subscribe, archive, search - none of them has the option to edit the title
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hello uzzer,
You're right, the blog widget titles aren't changeable at this time, but it is possible to change the title of the About Me widget, the bug right now is that the About Me widget isn't accepting other characters.

I will put your request for all of the blog widget titles to be editable forth to our team for future consideration.

Kind Regards,
Emmy