Problems Editing Text? Try This Slick HTML Generator!

• Announcement
  • Updated 9 years ago
  • (Edited)
We have an exciting new tutorial - HTML101
In this tutorial, we have two editors. The first one is called "Yola HTML Helper". This editor will help you remove formatting from MS Word documents so you can safely add them to your page. Help you create tables easily, help you spell check your content and so on. Please refer to the list of buttons on the site for explanations on how it works.

The second one is called "Stripping MS Word formatting". Use this editor to strip out unwanted formatting from the HTML code of your text that has been already added to your site. This is help you resolve any existing MS Word text issues you are having or prevent any future problems that will arise from text that has been copied and pasted directly from MS Word.

Please try it out and give us feedback on how it works for you. Also let us know if there is anything else you would like to see added.
Photo of Kershnee

• 2087 Posts
  • 152 Reply Likes

Posted 9 years ago

Photo of UK Duke

UK Duke, Champion

• 3321 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
is it supposed to be password protected?
Photo of UK Duke

UK Duke, Champion

• 3321 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
its ok now. forget that.
Photo of UK Duke

UK Duke, Champion

• 3321 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
Great resource - i can see it being very usefull.

Photo of diane

• 29 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Looks great--I haven't tried it yet but I'm hoping the table will be much less finicky than Text Edit. Nice to have a Header 1 as well. It seems to me there was something else I was wishing for but can't think of it at the moment. :)
Any reason this one isn't replacing the one on the site builder? I suppose that takes more work?
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
There are a number of complex technical reasons why we can't implement this in the site builder right now. It has to do with how text editing works in the page in the context of a style in the site builder, which requires a different sort of editing. However, it is our hope that using this text editor will help generate valid markup that you can safely paste onto your site. If you use it, please give us your feedback. We would love to improve the text editor in the site builder, and any input you can give us would help with this.
Photo of Valika

• 119 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
This looks fantastic, a very useful tool. Thanks to Yola for making this for us!
Photo of kate

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
HOW caN I suggest that yola insert the html creator button to the preview button sideby?
Photo of Francois

Francois, Employee

• 282 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
Hi kate,

Can I ask you to please explain what it is that you are trying to achieve so we may suggest an alternative?