Unable to add custom form in .HTM or .MHT format

• Question
  • Updated 9 years ago
  • Answered
I created a custom form in Word '07 and I Can't upload .HTM or .MHT files, yola says that it is a restricted file type. What other filetypes are restricted, and what filetypes are not restricted. Thanks! -Kevin
Photo of Kevin

Kevin

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • Frusterated

Posted 9 years ago

Photo of Alex

Alex

• 3448 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
.php
.HTM
.js
thats all i know.
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hi Kevin

This thread contains all of the files not allowed to be uploaded into Yola.

http://getsatisfaction.com/yola/topic...

What is it that you're trying to do? Perhaps we can find a workaround for you?
Photo of Kevin

Kevin

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for the reply! that list helped a lot, I created a form that customers can download, fill out, and email as an attachment. I'm going to try looking at using microsoft access, i havent ever used it before, but now is the perfect time to learn i suppose.. lol :D
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Good luck! I hope that you are able to achieve your vision. You may also want to look at something like Google Docs. I'm not familiar with them but I do believe that they might accomplish what you're trying to do.
Photo of Peter

Peter

• 2569 Posts
  • 113 Reply Likes
Hi kevin,

I wouldn't think that Access would be a good choice for working with Yola. Access is a relational data-base and the files aren't directly exportable. You could however generate reports from Access and then place the reports into a spreadsheet or text document.

I'm not sure what your need is but if it's in teh line of a database then I would investigate Zoho.

Google Docs allow you to use a spreadsheet. In itself it doesn't offer anything out of the ordinary. You can create, upload, download Text documents, spreadsheets. You can store PDF files and you can store ppt files. )Not sure if you can view ppt in real-time but have a feeling that you can)

Zoho have similar plus a database. I don't know if Zoho's database is compatible or exprotable with Access files.

So there's quite a few choices
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Thanks Peter for following up. I am not knowledgeable in these areas at all. So it's great when someone who has a hand in these matters is able to offer suggestion and alternative ideas.
Photo of Peter

Peter

• 2569 Posts
  • 113 Reply Likes
Hi Littleus,

you would love relational databases. The analogy is like a linked system of cards.

On one set you would have for instance peoples demographics plus a unique identifier of that person and possibly a second as a security measure. Plus the age of their child.
Then you would have a second file of cards with say clothing item;
Description.
Size,
Seasonal use,
amount of ware
condition.
Colour.
Age suitability

enter in the deomgraphic data and search for what's appropriate.

Nothing there. OK. They're on the watch list and when something comes along that matches their childs age and other criteria it automatically identifies it and alerts you. Even sends out an advice to the user.

The other thing is after an intial registration say their child is 18 months old. ^ months later the database could identify matching available garments for a 24 month old and alert you and them.

it's not on cards though it's embedded in your website or linked to your website.

Like it?
Photo of Kevin

Kevin

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
littleus, thanks so much, i tried out making a form on google docs, works like a charm. :D
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
@Kevin - I'm so pleased that Google Docs worked out for you! You'll have to write up a tutorial for me! ; )

@ Peter - Relational databases - wow, you're right, I do like it! It just sounds so complicated though to set up! I'm such a simple gal - this is probably too much for me! =)
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hello,

I'm sorry you are frustrated. Unfortunately it's not possible to upload files with those file extensions into Yola; reason being that those file types can be used maliciousely. There are quite a few file types that can be uploaded into the site builder and quite a few that can't. Can you tell me what file types you are wanting to use and I can let you know if you can use them or not.

We are integrated with a great form builder called Wufoo if you would like to add it to your site. If you would like instructions on this please let me know.

Emmy