Why is my site down? Yola Unplanned Outage

• Question
  • Updated 8 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived

This conversation was archived and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archiving as this issue has now been solved.

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties with our upstream provider and will be back up as soon as possible. Our engineers are working as fast and hard as they can to get you back into your sites.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience as we get this sorted out.

~ Sanja
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes

Posted 9 years ago

Photo of Françoise Decoster

Françoise Decoster

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi,
I have 2 sites : one with a free yola adres ( http://horsesmind.yolasite.com/ ), the other linked to a domain name I purchase by my internet provider (http://www.horsesmind.be) . The first one is online, but the second one is still off-line altough I find my files when I login. Can someone please explain what I have to do to bring him back online. ( I read thing about changing IP adresses, but it's not very clear what I have to do)

Thanks
Françoise
Photo of Nazlie

Nazlie

• 1721 Posts
  • 51 Reply Likes
Hi Françoise

You will need to change the IP address for your site http://www.horsesmind.be from the old number to the new IP number, which is 184.72.229.176.

To do this, you will need to log in to the account you have with your domain registrar and change the A records to point to the new IP address. We have an online tutorial here, which takes you through the steps.

Once you have changed your to the new IP address, it may take a few hours for to propagate before you can see your site on the internet.

I hope this explanation is helpful. You can contact us here or email support@yola.com if you would like more help or if you have any other questions.

Thank you
Nazlie
Photo of sas

sas

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am still having trouble getting my domain name I purchased through godaddy to link to my site. I can confirm that the IP has been changed for a couple of days now but I think I may have a suspect, under my CName list moggymagic.com still points to hosting.synthasite.net, is this the problem maybe? It is starting to become a matter of urgency now. I have followed the tutorial for godaddy registered domain names and all is present and correct.
Photo of sas

sas

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This is doing my head in now. Everything seems to be set as it should, why the hell will my site not work - help!!!!!
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hello sas,
I do see that your site is up and published successfully, so all appears to be well. You may not be seeing it due to caching on your end, this should clear up within 24 hours.

Photo of rick

rick

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I can't get onto my website via google, others have the same problem?
Any ideas?http://secondsister.com.au

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
can't open my site via search engine.
Photo of Nazlie

Nazlie

• 1721 Posts
  • 51 Reply Likes
Hi there rick

I'm sorry to hear about the problem you are having with your website.

After the DoS attack on Yola last week, we had to block the old IP address and migrate to a new one. You cannot see your site on the web because it is still pointed to the old IP address.

To update your A records, you will need to log in to your account with your domain registrar and re-point it from 208.75.208.172 to the new IP address, which is 184.72.229.176.

We have a tutorial here to help you with the steps.

Once you have re-pointed your domain to our new IP address, your website will be published to the Internet within 24 hours.

I hope this helps you get your site back online. If you need help with any of the instructions, please let us know. You can email us at support@yola.com.

Take care,
Nazlie

To change
Photo of rick

rick

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks, I got sick of reading all the posts, so missed that instruction, i have doe it now, cheers. Maybe you can put this at the top of the posts, not near the bottom?
Photo of Kershnee

Kershnee

• 2087 Posts
  • 152 Reply Likes
Hi Rick - I am sorry you missed the instructions. That is a good idea to add it to the top or have a link to the instructions that were on another thread - http://forum.yola.com/yola/topics/ins...
Photo of liz

liz

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I realize it could take 48 hours for this to be live on the net after changing the IP address. But can you verify it was done correctly so I do not start from scratch again in 2 days?

The site is joviscoffee.com

Thanks!
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Looks good Liz! Site is up and published :)

Photo of liz

liz

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Great! So, I should be able to see that in a day or two?
Photo of liz

liz

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Nevermind-- already up! Awesome!
Thank you, Thank You!
Photo of Glitter

Glitter

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello

I just saw like many people it seems that my site was not working, maybe since 3 weeks or more ?? damn...it's a long and bad time for those who have buisness site.

I have read the posts and changed the IP adress as said, so I hope it will work !

I know that things like that can happen, but what should not happen it is to not be aware about the problem, I have sent many people to my website those last weeks and some have told ma that my site doesn' exist, what a shame...that's how I've found out...

My question is why Yola didn't send a mail to let know its customers that nothing is working anymore and why we didn't we get the information on what to do about it ???

I only did see the instructions cause i came here to look for some help.

I'm upset about not getting any news from the company about that big problem.

Your friend
Photo of Brianna

Brianna

• 2045 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Hello Glitter,

I am sorry to hear that you didn't receive the email informing you of the DoS Attack. We have sent an email to our customers with more details on the outage that would have affected your site(s). If you did not receive the email, it may have ended up in your junkmail folder or you may be using a different email address to log into your Yola account. It might also be because you have opted out of receiving correspondence from us.

To read a copy of the email, please take a look at this post on our blog: Here's what happened

If you have re-pointed to our new IP address, your site should be visible within 24 hours. If you are still struggling after that time, please send an e-mail to us at support@yola.com with your site URL and we will take a look at it for you!

Again, I am very sorry for the frustration this has caused you.
Photo of Glitter

Glitter

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you very much Brianna for fast answer here and in my mail box.
Everything is find now.
Have a great day and thanks again !
Photo of Nazlie

Nazlie

• 1721 Posts
  • 51 Reply Likes
Hi Glitter

Thanks for letting us know. We are happy to hear that your site is back up and running now.
Photo of leelaw

leelaw

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
help my site is down! lyndonguanzonsrealtiesandpastries.yolasite.com
Photo of jeremy

jeremy, Employee

• 1349 Posts
  • 90 Reply Likes
Hello Leelaw,

I have replied to your question on your other thread.
Photo of Tina

Tina

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi, my site has been down since Monday could someone possibly help? It's directmarketingsolutions.com.au.

Many thanks

Tina
Photo of Brianna

Brianna

• 2045 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Hello Tina,

Thanks for your e-mail. I did look at your domain information and noticed that your site is still pointed to our old IP address (please see the screenshot I have attached).

Because of the DoS attack, it was necessary to block our old IP address completely and migrate to a new one. This means that you will need to go into your account settings with your registrar and remove the old IP address of 208.75.208.172 and repoint the A Records to 184.72.229.176.

Please let me know if you need further assistance!
Photo of Brianna

Brianna

• 2045 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Hello Tina,

Here is the screenshot:
Photo of paradise

paradise

• 9 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
As my yola site (http://paradisefound.yolasite.com/) has now been down since 'The Outage' . I was wondering if anyone else could see my site and/or experiencing problems including ; logging on , updating your site, blogging, broken websites,missing pages and unexplained incidents with yolasites ?
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi Paradise - we did reply to you on this link: http://forum.yola.com/yola/topics/_th.... Could you confirm that you are able to see your site when you click on this link: http://paradisefound.yolasite.com/. If not, could you post back on your original post and let us know what you do see?
Photo of paradise

paradise

• 9 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
no dont see nothing but a white screen/blank page
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello Paradise

We definitely want to work with you to get this resolved. To help lessen the confusion - we'd like to continue helping you on the other thread you have posted above. This way we can keep track of the progress. Thanks!