Unfair Customer Treatment

• Problem
  • Updated 12 years ago
I hired Katie Pierce of Edmonton Alberta, who registered my domain to SIBERNAME INTERNET AND SOFTWARE TECHNOLOGIES INC. to build me a webpage. I paid her half up front & she did not follow through with our agreement so I withheld the rest of the payment & expressed that when she completed the services which is in our contract that I have in writing I would pay the rest. It is built it on Synthasite & she is defaming me & my company www.hearthstonebody.ca on this site saying I did not pay her. This is untrue & again I have proof of the cashed cheque made to her. I am not able to give my version so I find it very unfair. What can be done to help me? Terry Simpson
Photo of Terry

Terry

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 12 years ago

Photo of Marije

Marije

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi Terry,

I'm sorry this is happening to you and we have received your email in Support and are addressing it. We will get back to you as soon as we can.
Photo of Terry

Terry

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am sooooo glad that you are responding! Either post the whole truth or please shut down this site! Thanks! Terry @ Hearthstone
Photo of Terry

Terry

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello Terry. I am the community manager at Get Satisfaction.
SynthaSite uses Get Satisfaction as a place where their customers can interact.

I saw that you also started a topic about this here: http://getsatisfaction.com/SynthaSite...

That's the best approach, I think. You can always tell your side of the story, too.

E

Eric Suesz
Community Manager
Get Satisfaction!
eric [at] getsatisfaction [dot] com

Hello Eric, Terry here again- I just wanted to share this resolution with all that are reading this! I am still not getting any satisfaction! This is a great idea but just by voiceing my opinon on this site will not clear my name nor will it have the coverage ad my websit has. I am still being defamed.
Photo of healthycleaning

healthycleaning

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Not cool on this web person's part. Very unprofessional.
Photo of njoynlife

njoynlife

• 278 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
I agree with healthy cleaning. How about you just jump in and create your own webpage. You can do it!
Photo of Terry

Terry

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
You guys are amazing - thanks for your support! I already have another website set up at www.hearthstonebody.com & I own the domain thanks to a super person just like you! BUT if people search my old site it says that the site is closed due to non payment & that is uncorrect. I sound crappy & the builder sounds like the hero & it is not true or fair as I dont get to defend myself & she can say whatever she wants. That is why I am so stuck on defending this!
Photo of Terry

Terry

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I just looked this up on SynthaSItes Terms of Service:

SynthaSite, Inc Terms Of Service
Updated 20 August 2008
Welcome to Synthasite.
Content Policy
The following content may not be created by and/or published and/or communicated and/or hosted using the Synthasite Toolset:

- You may not upload, publish, post, distribute or disseminate any material that defames, abuses, harasses, stalks, threatens or otherwise violates the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.

Terry
Photo of Monique

Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Terry

Unfortunately this is a dispute about a private arrangement entered into by yourself and a web designer. SynthaSite had no involvement in the original contract and is not in a position to arbitrate in the dispute that has now arisen.

If you feel that you are a victim of defamation you can take action as per the email I sent you in this regard.
Photo of papa

papa

• 327 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
NOT TELLING you want to do. Just passing on past knowledge.

When one is contracted to do a job and does not follow threw I found it is best to PAY THEM and then file proper law suit against them. If you don't win people will question before dealing with them. OR IF you do win you get you money and related monies back IN SOME CASES.
Either way it becomes public record.
If anyone researches for GOOD people to hire they will take the ones with better refrence.
NOT saying either one is right or wrong.
Remember NOT TELLING you what to do, just thing from past experience. This is NOT LEGAL advice JUST past experience.

papa