Unhandled Error

• Problem
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Solved
Do you by any chance know if there is a problem with Yola mail again which is causing the "Unhandled Error" message?

I experienced problems when you had the major outage, and I'm concerned that it's going to happen again. My email is becoming slower with many messages saying it couldn't do what it was doing (can't remember the wording, but it occurred, for example, when trying to send a message or it was checking for new emails), and now logging in I get the occasional "Unhandled Error".

FYI, I am using Yola on our own domain but since I'm an employee I don't have specific details I can give other than the URL - directgb.com .

Dan
Photo of Daniel Boughton

Daniel Boughton

• 34 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • worried!

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello Daniel

Can you please tell us from which Yola Mail e-mail address the bounced e-mails were coming from? We'll then be able to investigate further and let you know. Thanks.
Photo of Daniel Boughton

Daniel Boughton

• 34 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Emails were being bounced to both daniel.boughton [at] directgb [dot] com and robert [at] directgb [dot] com . It's probably safe to assume that during the period all emails to the domain regardless of the user were bounced. Apologies for the parentheses just don't want someone harvesting the addresses and bombarding us!

In all instances the bounce report states that the "Mail server for "directgb.com" unreachable for too long".

With Best Regards,

Dan
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello Daniel

We have contacted our e-mail service partner to investigate. Please allow some time for us to update you on this matter. Thanks!
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello Daniel

Our e-mail service partner has come back to me and said that during the outage different methods were used to repair the e-mail system, and that they had to temporarily disable some accounts for 30 minutes. During those 30 minutes e-mails were bounced back, so it seems that your account was affected by this.

You can read our e-mail partner's incident report here: E-mail cluster B status. The paragraph that refers to the issue you had is:
"To manage load on the storage subsystem, our Operations team used a variety of
techniques including the queuing of both incoming spam and non-­spam email, and, during the afternoon of September 18, the disabling of a subset of users within the 30% of total users on the affected portion of the storage system for periods of time (rotating roughly 2/5ths of the affected 30% of users in and out over periods of 30 minutes to provide some service to all users over the course of the afternoon)."

We're sorry for any inconvenience this outage may have caused you.