Yola Mail unavailable AGAIN

• Problem
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
Hi,

I'm getting an Unhandled Error when trying to log in to my email again. It's about the 3rd time recently this has happened and it's extremely frustrating and damaging to business when there are outages on the email. (Email is daniel.boughton [at] directgb.com .)

Do you have any idea (a) what the problem is, and (b) when it might be rectified?

As with last time, will all messages that haven't been able to be delivered during the outage be delivered following the resumption of service?

Dan
Photo of Daniel Boughton

Daniel Boughton

• 34 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • peeved

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Stefan

Stefan

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello Daniel

I'm really sorry to hear that you're experiencing this error again. We have no notice by our e-mail service partner that this error re-ocurred.

I have changed the password to this Yola Mail mailbox again, and for privacy reasons I will follow up with you on this matter via e-mail. Thanks.
Photo of Daniel Boughton

Daniel Boughton

• 34 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Can you confirm which email you're following up via please? - If it's another one at the directgb address I will have to ask them to keep an eye out for it
Photo of Nicole S

Nicole S

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Daniel, Hi Stefan....any solutions? I have zero access to email. Nicole@classicalartscentre.org
Photo of Daniel Boughton

Daniel Boughton

• 34 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi, I'm afraid I can't say if the solution worked because I am locked out of the email now the password has been changed and the Directors of the company who own the domain can't seem to change my password now either- maybe this is because of the outage situation? If I can get back in I will let you know as soon as it happens
Photo of Nicole S

Nicole S

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Stefan- Any updates? Estimate on when I can expect access?
Thanks Daniel for the input...still no access....good luck.
Photo of Daniel Boughton

Daniel Boughton

• 34 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I'm glad that it's not a major outage or anything then! Indeed, I kept being able to get into the mail box (maybe 1 out every 5 times I could get through), but emails were slow to load and send, etc.

If you can email me at the AOL address linked to this support login I would be grateful.

Thanks,

Dan
Photo of Stefan

Stefan

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello Daniel

I've sent my e-mail to the e-mail address associated with your Yola account which is: julian@digitalstampede.co.uk.
Photo of Daniel Boughton

Daniel Boughton

• 34 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for your reply. I think I'm correct in saying that Julian doesn't have any contact with the day-to-day running of the company so I am going to have to get one of the directors to change my password so that I can get in!
Photo of Daniel Boughton

Daniel Boughton

• 34 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Any chance you can put it back to what it was before?! I cannot get anyone to update the password yet and so I'm locked out until they can...
Photo of John Bos

John Bos

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have the same problem AGAIN THIS IS HAPPENING
Please Yola solve this now, because losing money is NOT my strongest thing.
Photo of AlexisH

AlexisH

• 53 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
me too !
Photo of Nicole S

Nicole S

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Zero access to email. Solution?
Photo of Daniel Harvell

Daniel Harvell

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yola, this is strike three in as many weeks. Find a way to resolve your problems with the third party server or I'm walking and making as much noise as possible along the way.
Photo of John Bos

John Bos

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
@ Daniel: thats what im thinking as well,
Photo of John Bos

John Bos

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This is the third time in a few weeks time, and im fed-up with Yola mail.
Next month i have to renew my licence so i think i move somewhere else.
Im losing to much money, while there is a crisis going on.
Shame on you YOLA
Photo of karhiio

karhiio

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
unhandled error aaargh!
Photo of karhiio

karhiio

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
so how can you notify me with an email when the email is down?
Photo of user1202190

user1202190

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
This has lost my client Five Twos several jobs today. For God's sake sort this out, it basic stuff, if you can't run a vanilla webmail service properly what is the point of me trusting my client's websites to you?

Once again Yola have cost me hours of phone calls and apologies. Its time you got your basic service up to the level of adequate before pushing upgrades for extra money.

When will your email be working, and how can I transfer my email addresses away from you?
Photo of Daniel Harvell

Daniel Harvell

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
With my business, I contract certain jobs out. If they don't complete their work to the client's satisfaction, i don't blame the contractor ... I have to own up to the problem, because it's me they're paying to do the work. So the first thing I do is give my client a discount on the project. The next thing I do is switch contractors so I don't encounter that problem again. Yes, Yola is operating on a larger scale than me ... but good business practices are still good business practices.
Photo of thecabinetdoctor

thecabinetdoctor

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Down again!!! And no offer to reimburse anyone for the the time that it goes down?!?!?! I need my email issues resolved ASAP! info@thecabinetdoctornc.com
Photo of thecabinetdoctor

thecabinetdoctor

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I've googled to get to this forum the past 3 times it's happened. Guess I should go ahead and put a shortcut on my desktop.
Photo of user1202190

user1202190

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Its not good enough to blame the contractor, my contract is with you and you are not providing me with what I paid for. You should be monitoring the basic services you provide not passing the buck.

I've already had to refund three of my clients this year because your websites were not working properly and now I have them on the phone again. I had to take responsibility because I recommended your platform for their online presence and they lost work because of it. By rights you should refund me in the same way but I won't waste my time persuing that.

Yola seems like a good platform, but once they have had your money the problems start and don't get resolved.

I shall certainly not be advising any new clients to sign up with Yola and will not be renewing any of the sites the sites I manage. Its far too unreliable for business.

If you can't run webmail then you should not be selling to business.
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Official Response
I am so sorry to hear your business has been negatively impacted, and we do take responsibility for that. The information we provided about the cause of the problem is because we wish to be transparent and let you know as much about the situation as possible, but we do not say this in order to avoid responsibility. It is our responsibility to ensure our vendors deliver the same level of performance you count on with your websites. We still proudly maintain over 99% uptime for all hosted websites and work around the clock in doing so.

We are working with a best in class email service provider and these outages are unfortunate but we are putting all resources forward to rectify the situation as quickly as possible with our mail provider. We will happily honor Yola Mail refund requests if you have decided you would prefer to continue with an alternate email provider. Please submit a request to support here and reference this thread.

We do hope you are able to separate the service we offer for your website building and hosting needs from this unfortunate recurring issue with our mail service provider. We are proud of the product and service we offer and hope to continue as your website building and hosting partner.
Photo of Daniel Boughton

Daniel Boughton

• 34 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Do you by any chance have any further updates? On the other issue, do you know if it is possible for my password to be put back to what it was before Stefan reset it? (Because I'm supposed to be catching up with emails tonight when neither of the Directors of the company are available to change the password. And indeed, they tried earlier but it didn't work.)
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
I'm sorry to say I do not have any more updates but I can assure you that once your mail is available you will be able to reset the password. We have support available around the clock so I can also assure you that someone will be able to help you reset your password again if you struggle for any reason.
Photo of Daniel Boughton

Daniel Boughton

• 34 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you, that is much appreciated. I have been able to make contact with the guy who is registered on the Yola Mail account and he can send me the password so I can attempt to get in when everything is resolved.
Photo of Lindon Barr

Lindon Barr

• 19 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm getting an error message when I try to log in to mail:

"Unhandled error. Contact system administrator"

Its for bookings@elementzent.com

Please can someone help me?

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Error logging into Mail.
Photo of John Bos

John Bos

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
this is the third time in less then 3 weeks that i don't get any mails, because "Unhandled error. Contact system administrator"

Im fed up with standard answers like its out of our hands, and we are working on it.
Get results or im going to get my websites and webmails away from Yola and put them somewhere else.
Because im losing money in this hard times.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
UNHANDLED ERROR for the third time in 3 weeks.
Photo of Jackie Aven

Jackie Aven

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I need my mail up too. I am very sorry I switched to yola. I just did the move over from my last service provider last month. I was with that service provider for 10 years and never had my mail go down. I am jackie@miniscrubs.com
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Jackie,

We're saddened to hear this and are determined to prove ourselves better partners for you moving forward. If you opt to move to another mail service we're happy to assist you with that migration and refund your account. Please submit a request to support referencing this thread for help with that.
Photo of Rob Cheney

Rob Cheney

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
hopeless... absolutely hopeless service AGAIN! Why can you not provide the most basic of services without continued outages??? And to blame your contractor... I pay YOU, so YOU are responsible. epic fail again!!!
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
We agree Rob and we take full responsibility, that's why we are offering refunds for Yola Mail and will do everything in our power to help ease your transition to a new service provider should you wish to move on.
Photo of Nicole S

Nicole S

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Good news, I have access!
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi Nicole,

That is great news and we're thrilled to hear it. Just be advised they are still working on the overall issue so your access may be intermittent or slow.
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Official Response
We have received an update that 70% of the members on the affected cluster should have access again but as they are installing additional hardware and taking other preventative steps we have been warned to still expect some intermittent access problems and/or delays in sending and receiving emails.
Photo of Lindon Barr

Lindon Barr

• 19 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have access to the account but no messages are coming through as I've tried a few tests from my other email account. will these emails come through eventually?
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Official Response
We have received notice that email access has been restored for all users. They are now beginning delivery of mail that was queued during the outage. They anticipate that it will take a number of hours to deliver that mail through to your mailboxes.
Photo of Daniel Boughton

Daniel Boughton

• 34 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for the update. Can you confirm you're able to reset my email address so that I can access it (email address is daniel.boughton@directgb.com)? The contact at the registered email address you have for the domain is unavailable (julian@digitalstampede.co.uk) and no-one else is around to change the password for me. Plus, whilst I appreciate Stefan was only trying to help, he didn't say he was resetting the password before he did it, and if he had I would have asked him not to.
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi Daniel,

I can help you with this but it does need to be via direct mail for your security. Please submit a request to support here to my attention and let me know what you would like the password to be.
Photo of Daniel Boughton

Daniel Boughton

• 34 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you, I have sent a request marked for the attention of you in the message field.
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
I've resent your password, so sorry for the added inconvenience.
Photo of Daniel Boughton

Daniel Boughton

• 34 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi, thanks - sorry to be a huge pain. Can I ask where you send the password to? Haven't received it at my AOL address yet.
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Your AOL address was CC'd. I resent it again.
Photo of Daniel Boughton

Daniel Boughton

• 34 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am now able to get into my mailbox. Thank you for all of your help