Unable to access Yola Mail account

• Problem
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Out of date

I am trying to access my Yola mail and receiving a 'unhandled error' message - any ideas? This is a business email address so need access asap.
Many thanks,
Neil
Photo of Neil

Neil

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Patrick Coady

Patrick Coady

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes, please, Yola! This is a big issue for all of us users! Anything you can do to speed up the repair will be greately appreciated. We would like to recommend your service to many others... but need to make sure it's all running smoothly. This is a critical time for our business... so please help us get our email back in the next little while !!!

Patrick and Silvana
Photo of Chris Colborne

Chris Colborne

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I CAN'T ACCESS MY BUSINESS EMAIL!!!!!!!! I have reported it and no reply. MY email is chris@ccelectricians.co.uk. The message I get is "unhandled error, contact system admin". I am unable to log on from my laptop, my ipad, my iphone or a different computer. I am the system admin and there is nothing wrong with my hardware or broadband so what is going on. I pay for a service and I'm not getting it, NEED to acces my email account. Please contact me asap on c.colborne@hotmail.co.uk. Thank you

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
What is going on?????.
Photo of Daniel Boughton

Daniel Boughton

• 34 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
My service has been restored, thank you, I don't know about anyone else?

Should any emails sent to the address during the outage be delivered in the coming hours?
Photo of Chuck Passaro

Chuck Passaro

• 29 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Double check.....you may get in but not for long. Try sending yourself a test email from somewhere else. It never arrives. I fear the worst for any emails that may have been sent this weekend.

Chuck
Photo of Daniel Boughton

Daniel Boughton

• 34 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I did hope there might just be some failsafe and that messages that couldn't be delivered during the outage might end up being delivered, but like you I am rather thinking they will be lost in the ether. Test messages sent from earlier today on another account haven't hit yet as you said.

And yes, my optimism was short lived - can't log in again now! When I posted before it was the only time since about 3pm UK time that I had been able to log in.

Dan
Photo of Liam Brown

Liam Brown

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
this is unacceptable I depend on emails for business can some one get in touch ASAP to resolve it
Photo of Rosa Mystica

Rosa Mystica

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
If you handle payments through PayPal, you can get your site's latest purchases through them.
-Ann
Photo of Jonathan Silcock

Jonathan Silcock

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have been unable to log in via webmail, outlook or blackberry all day. This is very frustrating to have no access while trying to run a business and meet deadlines. Please advise on status.
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Thanks for your patience everyone. I wish I had better news but our last update from our mail provider did not provide any new insight. They are still working feverishly on a solution. They are reporting about half of their users are still affected and the other half are experiencing extreme slowdowns, as you all have confirmed. Will keep you updated as we learn more.
Photo of Tasha Erickson

Tasha Erickson

• 19 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Glad to know it was not just my issue, and that it is being investigated. For everyone else who is also running a business like me, remember to be patient. Technical issues are very rarely fixed in 5 minutes like many of you seem to expect. Put yourself in their shoes; would you rather have them working on fixing it, or spending their time giving you updates every 5 minutes of how they are "working on it."?
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Official Response
Some good news to report! We have word that, "incoming mail is being queued for delivery once this issue is resolved. No mail has been lost." So while we know this is still wholly unacceptable and a massive inconvenience for your businesses, you can at least rest assured that you will receive all the messages that have been sent during this outage.
Photo of Daniel Boughton

Daniel Boughton

• 34 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
That's great news!
Photo of Jeff

Jeff

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
thks for the update Laura, curious why does a company like Yola rely on a third party provider for something as important as business email?
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
The latest update from our partner:

As of approximately 5:00 p.m. EDT, our Operations team has made significant gains in restoring service for users on Email Cluster B.

As we continue work to restore service to all users of Email Cluster B, our Operations team needed to proactively take some users back offline.

At this point about 30% of users are offline. The remaining approximately 70% of users continue to be online.

Queued email is now flowing into the inboxes of those users for whom service has been restored. We expect that delivery of queued email will take a number of hours.

We're continuing to work to restore service for the remaining users, and also to work to prevent a reoccurrence of this same issue in the future. We'll provide regular updates throughout the evening. The next update will be provided as soon as there is a change in status, or by 7:00 p.m. EDT.
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Official Response
We've received notice you should all be able to access your email accounts now:

At this time our Operations team has restored service for all users on Email Cluster B via IMAP, POP and Webmail.

We're now delivering mail that was queued throughout the day. We anticipate that it will take a number of hours to deliver that mail through to user mailboxes.

Our Operations team continues to monitor the Cluster extremely closely. We'll keep you updated if anything changes.

Please let us know if you are still unable to access your mail.
Photo of Amber Rule

Amber Rule

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
It's happening again! Unhandled error message coming up when trying to log into my emails - I have clients waiting for my to get back to them.......
Photo of Stefan

Stefan

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello Amber

We have received confirmation that our email partner is up again. If you are still seeing errors, you may need to clear your browser's cache.

Please let us know if the problem should persist.
Photo of Lindon Barr

Lindon Barr

• 19 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am getting the same problem "Unhandled error. Contact system administrator"
my email is bookings@elementzent.com

please help as this is a business account.
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
We need to manage this new instance of this recurring problem in a separate topic. Please reference the new topic here: Yola Mail is unavailable