Uploading files

• Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Answered
Is there a way visitors can upload files so I can received them in my e-mail?
Photo of Sandy

Sandy

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • confused

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Hi Sandy

Right now it is not possible for visitors to upload files directly to your site. All content on your site needs to be posted by you. I am going to suggest two options for you to consider:

1)You could collect information from your visitors via a contact form and you would receive an email alert when someone filled in your form. You could then post anything they sent to your site. Here is a link to a post that will tell you how to add a form: http://getsatisfaction.com/SynthaSite...

2) The other option is to put an email link on your site. To add an email link to your website you can either type in your link text or use an image (use the "insert image" icon on the text editing toolbar to add an image inside a text widget).
1. Highlight the text or image and click "insert link" on the text editing toolbar.
2. A link editor will open up and the third option in the link editor dialogue box allows you to create a link to an email address.
3. Simply type in your email address and click "ok" To test that the link is working, save and preview your page. When you click on your email link, an email will open up in your default email program with the address already filled in.

Let me know if either of these solutions work for you. I will also let our developers know that you have asked for a way to allow visitors to upload files to your site so that they can consider this as a future possibility.

Best wishes
Monique
Photo of eaburch

eaburch

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Jeremy: Yes, I read Monique's reply, which was the same. I understand that approach, but that is not very clean as one integrated form. Furthermore, if you want to have an acknowledgment, you can't integrate that with an email very easily.
Photo of holdenninjawarz

holdenninjawarz

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
There might be a javascript out there that can do it, im working on finding it for myself and others interested
:D
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello holdenninjawarz,

If you do come across anything, please do let us know!
Photo of Malcolm Malcy

Malcolm Malcy

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Any luck with that ?
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hi Malcolm

Please see my response on your other thread.
Photo of jeremy

jeremy, Employee

• 1349 Posts
  • 90 Reply Likes
Hello Eaburch,

I agree, it is not as clean as an integrated form but unfortunately we don't offer a feature where you can add attachments and I am not aware of a form generator that offers this with an embed code.

If you can find a program to create the form and it is embeddable then you can use it with your Yola site by embedding it in an HTML widget.
Photo of Claire Parker

Claire Parker

• 35 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Hi Sandy

I have added a dropbox using filesanywhere.com. With this visitors can upload any number of files of unlimited size via my Yola Site and they go direct into the dropbox. I get an auto email from filesanywhere advising there are files waiting for me to download to my computer. You can also set it up to send an automatic acknowledgement to the sender, I believe.

I have incorporated password protection to reduce the risk of unauthorised use.

It seems to work a treat. I started off with a free 1 GB account but have now upgraded to a pay account.

I did try Coffee Cup Web Form Builder using Cloud Storage but this was not successful.

Hope that may be of help.

regards

Claire
Photo of abdullah

abdullah

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
got it thanx
Photo of Lego City News

Lego City News

• 21 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
seems cool but requires a phone #
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
You can also try http://dropbox.com Lego City News
Photo of Lego City News

Lego City News

• 21 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Is there a way for my visitors to upload a file on my Yola Website?
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
No there isn't LCN. The builder is only accessible by logging in as you normally do.

You can attach files to comments however using something like Disqus which is easily added on to your website.
Photo of draladdeen

draladdeen

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi
I have a domain name and silver yola acount, I want to build a website that give my visitors a chance to add free ads, these ads should appear automaticly after finish adding, somethinglike craigslist.org or blocket.se. Can I build this site with yola?
Mustafa

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
hi.
Photo of Brianna

Brianna

• 2045 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Hi draladdeen,
Thanks for your message. At this time, it is not possible for site visitors to upload files onto your site. One option you have is enabling a comments box on your site. This will allow people to post comments directly to your site. Here is a tutorial that will take you through that process: How to add comments?
Photo of Mat

Mat

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Is there a way that visitors of my site can upload files on to mysite? This would make my life so much easier. Thanks in advance for any help.

visitor uploads.
Photo of larry spicer

larry spicer

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
is there a way to allow others to upload files to my site without accessing my yola account.
i searched google apps and could only find gadgets to upload to other sites.

uploading.
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello Larry,

I hope you can use some of the alternative suggestions provided.
Photo of smasherin

smasherin

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
im trying to add a file to website to verify it how do i do it ????????????? been on it for 2 days now read every article and still none the wiser take me through it step by step