URL auto change

  • 1
  • Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Not a Problem
I have a site that I had a custom domain for, but that expired and I am as yet unable to afford to repurchase it, so I set the sub-domain ('.yolasite.com') as the primary domain again, so that it is at least still accessible.

The problem though is that every time I type in the URL ('Twaggers.yolasite.com') it automatically changes the URL to what is was when customised ('Twaggers.co.uk). As that expired it is obviously not found, but I have tried on several different computers and every time I type in the correct URL it changes and searches for the latter.

I am not the most technologically savvy, so it is possible it's just me being an idiot I guess, but I cannot work it out. Any help you would be able to offer is very much appreciated, and thank you in advance.

Thank you.
Photo of Jacob .T. Blow

Jacob .T. Blow

  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • confused, really confused.

Posted 3 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Peter Sauer

Peter Sauer

  • 150 Posts
  • 65 Reply Likes
Just entered Twaggers.yolasite.com' on my computer and it opened up in the correct url and did not redirect.
have you cleared your cache on your computer?
Photo of Jacob .T. Blow

Jacob .T. Blow

  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have just tried that and it still does the same thing, but I think the problem is some 'BT web address help' thing .

Thank you anyway for your help and apologies for the simplicity of my mistake.
Photo of Jacob .T. Blow

Jacob .T. Blow

  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Okay, it seems to be working now.

Thank you once again for everything, you have been a great help.
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas, Social Media Coordinator

  • 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Glad it's working for you now Jacob, it's good here too. It can take some time updated DNS settings to propagate throughout the internet. It also could have been cached in your browser.