User Accounts and Chat Room

• Question
  • Updated 10 years ago
I was just wondering if there is going to be user account features, like either for the whole website or you just had to sign in for parts of it and I was also wondering if there would be a chat room for websites in the future. If you know when they might come out that would be very helpful.
Thank you very much!
Photo of hi

hi

• 9 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Posted 11 years ago

Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi "hi"

User accounts:
1) With our next release we are going to provide a feature that will allow you to password protect your whole site, or part of it. People will need the login ID and password to sign in to the pages you lock (password protect). This will be available in a week or two at the most.
2) In future we will make it possible for people to sign up for an account on your site. This is a much more challenging task and it will take us several months to complete. I don't have a release date for this feature yet.
3) Chatroom: you can add one of these to your site right now. Sign up for an account at Meebo and create a chatroom. Copy the HTML embed code they provide. Drag and drop an HTML widget onto your page and paste the code. You will then have your own chatroom on your site.
(Soon you will be able to add a Meebo room with a simple drag and drop. We are also hoping to include this in our next release.

We look forward to releasing the features you are looking for to the SynthaSite community!
Photo of jesus

jesus

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
nice but w will need a private link in the room so we could go private with someone if we want to.you guys are good kp up the good work lifeguardministries.synthasite.com
Photo of annoyer707

annoyer707

• 294 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
hey thats not a good username to have. you're disrespecting Jesus
Photo of Ruth

Ruth

• 2819 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
You could password protect your chat room so that only people who have the password can chat there. Not an ideal solution I know, but it's the only thing I can suggest until we add user registration.
Photo of Adrian

Adrian

• 58 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Monique,

I've been following all the requests for this feature for a while now and I'm so glad to finally see an answer "This will be available in a week or two at the most" in your 1st point.

I have a password protected feature on my home page http://www.rflogic.co.za/ but it has its problems.

1) Works with Firefox but has problems with IE.
2) Password can be seen by veiwing home page source code.

So I'm gonna wait "a week or two at the most" and delete my password HTML code. Thanks - did'nt know it would be so soon.
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
We don't like to make promises like that until are 99.9% sure the feature is on it's way! But be sure we will make a big announcement as soon as it is released!
Photo of Adrian

Adrian

• 58 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Will that be in "a week or two at the most" ?
Photo of K9Clothing

K9Clothing

• 94 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
In the meantime, check out www.userplane.com
They have a chatroom that I use on my own site:
www.kloud9clothing.synthasite.com
Photo of Adrian

Adrian

• 58 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Were did you get the slide show on your index page from??
Photo of annoyer707

annoyer707

• 294 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
where did u make the buttons for your site?
Photo of shantelle45

shantelle45

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
hello. this a cahtroom! LOL! talk to me; ANYONE!
Photo of shantelle45

shantelle45

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
hi
Photo of Ruth

Ruth

• 2819 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hi Shantelle,

This is a forum for people to talk about issues relating to SynthaSite. Can we help you with your website at all?