Using html101.yolasite.com to create Tables

• Idea
  • Updated 8 years ago
  • Implemented
html101.yolasite.com is a great facility, but I find its table creation rather clumsy - you nominate the table size (rows and columns) at creation, but to alter it you must dip into the HTML. Moreover, if you already have the table in another document, entering it into the new table can be very laborious.

I've found a much better option is to maintain my table in a spreadsheet or Word document, then copy it into html101.yolasite.com (i.e. directly into the blank text screen). Click to View/Edit HTML, Select all, Copy and paste into an HTML widget in your website and you have your table.

You can format the text in the source document (font size, colour, etc) and the formatting carries through into html101.yolasite.com. This is much easier than formatting within the tool which is a bit tedious as it only accepts changes cell by cell.

PS The easiest way to erase the table is to switch to HTML view, select the relevant code and delete.

PPS For more handy hints go to my website at www.freeandeasywebsites.yolasite.com
Photo of Peter Hall

Peter Hall

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • pleased to help others

Posted 8 years ago

Photo of diane

diane

• 1238 Posts
  • 121 Reply Likes
Thanks, Peter! The html.101 site is ideal for stripping out unwanted Word formatting. Glad you're getting good use from it!
Photo of mqpchina

mqpchina

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
it can not be used.
Photo of Nazlie

Nazlie

• 1721 Posts
  • 51 Reply Likes
Hi mqpchina

I had commented on your other post in this discussion thread.

It seems as if you would like to add a table to your website but are having trouble in doing so. If you are having trouble adding a table using the Yola HTML Helper, then you can use any other table creating tool that you find on the web, or take a look at the W3Schools tutorials on creating tables on your site. Then in Yola, copy the code into a HTML Widget.

I hope that one of the options will work for you. Let us know if you need more help.

Thank you
Nazlie