Verification code is html applied and applied in text, but constant 404 fault. Why? Help!

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Hi
I have been messing about trying to get my site verified all afternoon in order to activate my email account and I am still no further advanced than I was 3 hours ago.

I have taken the verification code and added it as text and applied it as html on my home (index) page and regardless of were I place it on the home page the verification tool comes back every time with a 404 error with the information that the page cannot be found. My domain name is www.12and3.co.uk. I am desperate for a solution as I should have emailed a customer 3 hours ago and I am likely to have lost the business in this time.
Kind regards
Steve Croxton
Photo of Steve Croxton

Steve Croxton

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • very frustrated

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas, Social Media Coordinator

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi Steve,

Your website is published and I was able to access it. Are you referring to getting a Google Apps email account verified? If so, can you please take a look at this tutorial: Setting up your email with Google Apps to ensure that you have followed each step.

Let us know if these are the steps you are following and if so, at what point the error occurs.