Need help pointing external domain

• Problem
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • In Progress
  • (Edited)
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Third Party Domain ????

I cannot get third party domain to link with yola. www.pikengraaf.co.za to www.pikengraafhuisdienste.yolasite.com = it keeps on telling me that the 3rd party domain is not pointed to yola, when in fact it is. I have been battling with this now for nearly two days....please, this is VERY frustrating
Photo of Paul Joubert

Paul Joubert

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Paul Joubert

Paul Joubert

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
and please dont send me the steps to follow, as i have been following that now for two days....can a yola staff member go into my yola account and try and fix it.
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi Paul,

I am sorry you are so frustrated. I hope I can help!

When I look up your DNS settings I see only one A record pointing to our IP address.

If you had a Yola purchased domain we would be able to access your domain settings on your behalf and resolve any issues you are having. However as you are working with an external domain purchased elsewhere you need to make sure that your DNS settings are configured correctly. You need to set up two A-records. One with the hostname "@" and one with the hostname "www". Both should point to our IP address: 184.72.229.176. If you require assistance with this, please contact your domain registrar.

Please let us know if you have any further issues with this.