Visit my site and give me some suggestions!Thanks guys and gals!

• Question
  • Updated 9 years ago
  • Answered
Hi guys and gals!

I just finished with my website,yeah!

Although there still is loads more I can do I would appreciate any feedback and suggestions!(New domain names as well,Gamers haven isnt very original =P)

www.gamershaven.yolasite.com

Thanks guys,I love this site and the community!

:)
Photo of Spazz

Spazz

• 30 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • excited

Posted 9 years ago

Photo of UK Duke

UK Duke, Champion

• 3321 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
Hi Spazz,

Lets get down to business...

1. First thing - Fill in all your keywords and descriptions - also read over these, very usefull - http://www.yola.com/tutorials/intro-t... - there are about 5 in all, they link to each other at the bottom of the page.

2. As a rule dont have any images which are over 100kb (if you can help it) the facebook image needs reszing in Picnik and saving back - the file is actually very large 982px × 711px (scaled to 200px × 145px) -- you need to resize it to 200 x 145... it will load much quicker.

3. I love your Gif on the home page but it is also a very large file... If you like i could help you apply 'the ulitmate fade show' - it would achieve the same thing as the gif but look (in my opinion) better - it would also load quicker.
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicin...

4. You could add a favorite icon - You can do this in the content sifde bar under page properties.

5. On the hardware page there is a lot of wasted space at the top right.

6. On the hardware and software pages the text reduces from the start of the site - small text has its palce but its a little small for reading - try using large headings with avaerage size text as the paragraph body - that always looks nice.

All of the above are suggestions - the site is looking great, you should be proud.

Lee.
Photo of UK Duke

UK Duke, Champion

• 3321 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
gamezone.yolasite.com

gamer.yolasite.com

gamersbible.yolasite.com

arcade.yolasite.com

playtech.yolasite.com

gamex.yolasite.com
Photo of Spazz

Spazz

• 30 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks Lee/UK Duke!

Id love to have someone give me pointers on this.

I`ll contact you in the week somewhere if you have the time and you can explain some of the tips (Ultimate fade show) to me.

Cheerio!