Wait to publish until DNS is changed or publish now for review then change?

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 8 years ago
  • Answered
New here. :-) I have built the site using Yola Pro but haven't "published" yet because I already own domain and wasn't sure if I need to WAIT until I change the DNS, A records, etc., FIRST or if I can go ahead and publish the site (preferred) so that others can see my handy work (site owner) before I commit to making the change live on the current URL/domain. Looking forward to some answers! Thank you!
Photo of Jillian

Jillian

  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 8 years ago

  • 1
Photo of diane

diane

  • 1238 Posts
  • 121 Reply Likes
You could publish it to a free subdomain first--that's what I do. This can be unpublished later or even left as is in addition to the main domain.
Photo of Margie

Margie

  • 286 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
Wouldn't doing this essentially duplicate your entire site, which is not good for SE ranking?
Photo of diane

diane

  • 1238 Posts
  • 121 Reply Likes
No, it's just two domain names pointing to the same site.
Photo of Jillian

Jillian

  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you, Diane and also Sanja below! :) Much appreciated! Jillian
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

  • 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello Jillian

I have responded to your email we received in support. You will find that my answer mirrors Diane's :)