We are Changing Our Name!

• Announcement
  • Updated 11 years ago
SynthaSite will soon be Yola

We’re excited to let you know our new name is going to be Yola. It’s easy to remember and pretty fun to say. It comes from the Hindi word “jhola,” which means hatch – and hatching big ideas is exactly what you do at Yola.

A new name for the same company

Our name, homepage and URL will be new, but everything else about SynthaSite stays the same. We’re still the same company with the same team. You’ll find all the sites you built and their web addresses are also staying the same. If you have questions about this change, please go to these FAQ’s. http://www.synthasite.com/rebranding-...

Here’s a homepage preview

The change is coming in a few short days, but here’s a sneak peek. After the site changes to Yola.com, you still log in just like you did at Synthasite.com. In the meantime, you may want to create a new bookmark for www.yola.com.

We hope to see you very soon at yola.com!
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
  • excited

Posted 11 years ago

Photo of Boomer

Boomer, Champion

• 2055 Posts
  • 84 Reply Likes
So many changes....Oh what the hell, here goes.
Photo of Ed-a-Torials @ Honey Bear Playhomes

Ed-a-Torials @ Honey Bear Playhomes, Champion

• 2582 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
Boy Buddy

I thought you would be older, heavier and with graying hair... How old is that picture anyway??? I think you are trying to pull the wool over our eyes my friend...

Hey is it just me or does he kind of got a terminator look going here... Whats your tag line Arnie???
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Love the shades!

• 2582 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
I think that has to do with all the drinking the night before though... ;)
Photo of Boomer

Boomer, Champion

• 2055 Posts
  • 84 Reply Likes
Older? That's relative. To most people here - YES, To Arnie - NO, to Brad Pitt - SAME ;-)

Heavier? Luckily it's a head shot.

Graying hair? Lots and lots.

Picture age? About 2 years ago.

The shades? Flea market specials.

Drinking the night before? Most probably.

Hasta la vista,babe.

P.S.
I can't seem to find that Latvian Doctor or the Handsome Marine
on the PhotoFunia website.

• 2582 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
Well Boomer long story short...

She is the sister of a friend and I have been communicating with her for a while now and plan a trip to Latvia in the Summer when she graduates and becomes a full fledged Doctor. She is everything that all my past relations have not been. Christian, family oriented, honest, responsible, faithful, and hundreds of things in common and a few not so common to keep it spicy. All in all simply the woman I have looked for my entire life. The pic I kind of tossed me into and did a little Fireworks editing to see what we would look like together. Very attractive couple ;) OK I think so at least...

The Marine one well that's some 15 years old and when I had not one gray hair. I had to earn that one though and had all my hair shaved to try and break my spirit. Little did they know it didn't work. ;)

Post a larger face forward pic of you without glasses and I will do something to give our fellow member a good laugh...
Photo of Boomer

Boomer, Champion

• 2055 Posts
  • 84 Reply Likes
A larger face forward pic of myself, are you crazy??
I'll end up in a grass skirt dancing under some coconut palms ;-)
Thanks, but no thanks!!

Your lady friend seems like a wonderfull woman and very pretty as well.
I'm happy for you and I hope things work out as you plan.

• 2582 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
actually Boomer buddy I had other plans for the picture but if you don't trust me I understand am not hurt too much by it... Really I will live. But hey if I am untrustworthy I just have to better myself somehow to earn your trust back. Me put you in a hula skirt I promise never to do such a thing...

Hmmm come on you know you want to just for the mere fact you want to see what I would do... Are you chicken? Bak-bak-bakak
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Well, let's get to know each other eh! I'm following Monique's lead...
Photo of Boomer

Boomer, Champion

• 2055 Posts
  • 84 Reply Likes
Now, why you beautifull ladies ever used turtle's and "kitten hiding" big eared pooches I'll never know. OK Boomer, watch the heart!
Oops!! here comes the wife...............
Photo of njoynlife

njoynlife

• 278 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Emmy, you are beautiful also!
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Boomer and njoynlife... you kids are stunning (and your support here in GS is beautiful as well)! It's fun to see what people look like behind their words eh!

Emmy
Photo of njoynlife

njoynlife

• 278 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Being an old lady, I love being called a kid. :) :) :)
Photo of Shaq

Shaq

• 868 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Hi Emmy.

Is it ok i have download the new logo from yola.com Its been uploaded on it... I wanted to hyperlink it from one of my sites

• 2582 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
So this is a temporary lapse of insanity and I will show you what I looked like a decade ago. Sadly I have none that are better in my arsenal... ;)

I will go back to the bear soon enough...

I just like to be a little bit of a show off...

Ed

P.S. We got a lot of pretty ladies in here... I found my 5' 8' Latvian Doctor so I cannot say anything other than that... ;)

• 2582 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
Hey I found one that is more of a show off but cannot fit it into the profile... My day job...

Photo of Grace

Grace, Champion

• 361 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Is this you, Neil Armstrong? i like this photo..I want to make a posted tutorial on this effect on my list...LOL!
Photo of Shaq

Shaq

• 868 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
How do you do that, Grace do you have a site that teachs you how to do it. I just know basic things using GIMP, let alone not having any add-ons
Photo of Shaq

Shaq

• 868 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
How do you do that, Grace do you have a site that teachs you how to do it. I just know basic things using GIMP, let alone not having any add-ons

• 2582 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
Hey Shaq

This is an easier way... http://www.photofunia.com/
Photo of Grace

Grace, Champion

• 361 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Shaq, Mr Ed is right. Photofunia is the easiest way, just one click. I did not use GIMP. I am using Photoshop. You can check my photoshop tutorials in my site:

http://digitalretouching.synthasite.c...
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
The many faces of Ed! Nice going Mr Honeypot!
Photo of Shaq

Shaq

• 868 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Ed how did you make Mr honey pot bear? I would really am interested in this.
Photo of Grace

Grace, Champion

• 361 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
wow..everybody is revealing faces now..Nice! I want to try it myself..LOL! Monique and Emmy I am happy to see you, at last! Hope we could see also the rest of the employees.
Photo of Shaq

Shaq

• 868 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I am unable to use photoshop at the moment is it the same thing...
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Grace: we have seen you on your site. Looking forward to seeing you here too!
Photo of Grace

Grace, Champion

• 361 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
ok..by tomorrow I will reveal my face here too...LOL! I want also some changes to my site for good and for better. Hopefully i can update it by tomorrow coz tomorrow is a big day!
Photo of UK Duke

UK Duke, Champion

• 3321 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
This is me and my wife, Yola;

This time last year i had a run of good luck... i won the lottery 1 day, then 2 days later met the love of my life!

Photo of Grace

Grace, Champion

• 361 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Hey Lee, have you got my emai?....LOL! This picture really makes me laugh..where did you get this? You are like Mr Ed, full of humor!
Photo of UK Duke

UK Duke, Champion

• 3321 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
hi Grace - I will check my mail now - i have been so busy trying to get my site up. i will sort it out for you today.
PS - Good Choice.
Photo of Grace

Grace, Champion

• 361 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Thanks Lee, and i like the way you make your story about this picture..really funny!
Photo of Grace

Grace, Champion

• 361 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Here I am...though my face is over exposed in my site, i prefer to reveal also my face here in GS. Monique, finally I am here!

Let's do the yola hoops, guys!

..and by the way, check my site, i have made a little changes..hope you like it!

• 2582 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
Grace what can I say but your site keeps getting better and better. I am so very proud of all you have learned and done to get so good. (me patting you on the back)

Too bad I cannot download Photoshop or any other editing program to my computer (missing XP files and the only way to fix it is a full reinstall and I have too many files to simply transfer) I really have some personal projects too... argg one of these days before Summer I have to take the weekend and dump my hard drive and until then I am sitting on my creative hands.

Good job pretty smiling girl...
Ed
Photo of Grace

Grace, Champion

• 361 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
what a great payment to all my effort! thanks Mr. Ed. ..and i felt sorry for your hard drive. it's ok..at least it's only the hard drive you need to fix and reinstall and not your mind...LOL! so how's the yola going on, so far?
Photo of Shaq

Shaq

• 868 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Hi monique.

I just added the Yola logo to your products list.. I thought you may want it up until you get to change the URL. sorry if i did something wrong by adding it
Photo of Grace

Grace, Champion

• 361 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Hey shaq, i finally saw you...nice!
Photo of Shaq

Shaq

• 868 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Nice to see you grace. You look like your 16 but you post like a highly intellectual person (i am using big words today)

Nice to meet you
Photo of Grace

Grace, Champion

• 361 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
...really? well..that's nice, times two of my real age...because i am a person of young at heart..and oopps! reminder : this picture is not a product of Photoshop, ok..LOL!...Thanks for the nice words, shaq.
Photo of Shaq

Shaq

• 868 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
LOL, WOW you look so young tho photoshop or no photoshop damn... Well lets play guess my shaqs name. Don't look at my site tho
Photo of Grace

Grace, Champion

• 361 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
don't have any idea....
Photo of Shaq

Shaq

• 868 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
15...lol...
Photo of Grace

Grace, Champion

• 361 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
ah your age...ok... good for you that you have learned building a site at a very young age..keep it up!
Photo of Shaq

Shaq

• 868 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Well thank you grace :) ... Sorry what was the url of your site with the photo shop tutorials
Photo of Shaq

Shaq

• 868 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Thanks.. :)
gbu
Photo of Shaq

Shaq

• 868 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Hey.

Bubble on the bottom hasn't changed from synthasite to yola..

Example:
this site was made with synthasite
Photo of Kershnee

Kershnee

• 2087 Posts
  • 152 Reply Likes
Hi Shaq,

Are you referring to the footer on your site? If so, for the footer to reflect "Yola", you would need to click on the yellow "update my site" button for these changes to reflect on your live site.
Photo of Shaq

Shaq

• 868 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Seems to be fixed arfter that...
Photo of Shaq

Shaq

• 868 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Seems to be fixed arfter that...
Photo of Shaq

Shaq