web page locked code >>> Invalid widget id 'I2009'. Cannot find component HTML

• Problem
  • Updated 9 years ago
  • Solved
Hello Yola,
It’s not my day today. I am logging my 2nd fault.
This time I loaded a new navigation bar ( worked on all other pages ) in html on to my http://www.southafricangeographic.com...
and it simply locked up giving me this message: “Invalid widget id 'I2009'. Cannot find component HTML”

What now delete the page with all my hart work?
Photo of Ernst Weinert

Ernst Weinert

• 147 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 9 years ago

Photo of petercsea

petercsea

• 153 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
Hello Ernst,
It may not be a code issue but a glitch of Yola. Which doesn't really help in this situation. If the builder has locked up then really your only option is to close the browser and re-open it.

If you had saved the work prior to this of course that will still be there, despite the fact that you may or may not have published. I hope there's not too much to repeat but I think it's the only way. I certainly wouldn't delete the page at this stage.

Re-open the browser again and see where the page is at. I hope that this will overcome the issue.
Photo of Ernst Weinert

Ernst Weinert

• 147 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
thanks, it's still stuck, if I just could take that code out again

Regards
Ernst
Photo of Kevin

Kevin

• 475 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
view the source!
Photo of petercsea

petercsea

• 153 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
Hello Ernst,

Ok . Now I suggest that you ask Yola if they maybe able to delete the problem code for you. Sometimes this is possible but not invariably.
Photo of Kevin

Kevin

• 475 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Sorry, yes, you'll have to delete it. That message means that you somehow pushed or made a default page element dissapear
Photo of Ernst Weinert

Ernst Weinert

• 147 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks Kevin, thanks to Brianna I did not have to delete my page
Regards
Ernst
Photo of Mike

Mike

• 192 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
I have seen this error many times. Sorry, but I will have to agree with Kevin.
Photo of Brianna

Brianna

• 2045 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hello Ernst,

You could receive a message like this "Invalid Component id '134'. Cannot Find Component HTML" if:

1. You have pasted some HTML onto your page that is not valid. This often happens if you accidentally miss a portion of the code and a tag is not closed.
2. You have copied and pasted some text from MS Word that has introduced problematic HTML or CSS.

The best way to avoid this is to first copy and paste into a program like Notepad (you'll find it in the Accessories folder of your computer) This will strip out any unwanted formatting and you can then safely paste into the Text Widget. If you get a message like this, hold down the escape key until it goes away. Then try to delete any widget that you think might contain problematic HTML or text copied and pasted from MS Word.

If this does not work, unfortunately you will have to rebuild the page. One thing you can do is save a copy of your pages by clicking on the drop down arrow next to the "save" button and selecting "save page as". This will give you a back up version of your page in case something goes wrong. Remember to untick the box that says "include in navigation" so that the back up page does not appear in your main navigation. We are working on solutions for both of these scenarios to prevent problems of this nature in future. For more information on why your site might not load in the Sitebuilder and what to do about it, see this tutorial: My site won't load in the Sitebuilder.

I hope this helps!
Photo of Ernst Weinert

Ernst Weinert

• 147 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello Brianna,
Your are today's winner, I got it working.
Kept pressing ESC button got in, still was not able to get to the code,
changed layout, and the page came out of hiding.
15 out of 10 points for you.

Thanks and Regards
Ernst Weinert
Photo of Brianna

Brianna

• 2045 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Hello Ernst,
Thank you for your kind words. I am glad to hear that everything is working properly!
Cheers!
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
This happens to me too! It is annoying and I have to recreate the page sometimes.
Photo of Daniel Pereira Silva

Daniel Pereira Silva

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
That happened with me too, but in the index page... And the index page is the only page that I can ́t delete. And there is more, then the page does not load and I can ́t make any change.
Can anybody help me?

Note: I ́m from Portugal. If my English is not very good, ignore.
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hello Daniel - would you be able to post your site's URL so that we can take a look at the problem?

Daniel Pereira Silva

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
8fmaia.yolasite.com The index loads on the browser when you open it but when I am in yolabuilder, it doesn ́t load and I can ́t make any change.
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello Daniel

I have fixed this up for you. It was missing a closing script tag. Please let me know if you still need further assistance.

Daniel Pereira Silva

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I saw. I can edit it now. I didn ́t know that that was so important. I will be more carefuly from now. Thank you!