web site problems at yola .com for www.evansfunfair.com

• Question
  • Updated 10 years ago
  • Answered
Archived

This conversation was archived and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: out of date

ruth are you an eployee of yola.com formaly synthasite as my site is having mager problems my domain keeps going down i am not happy as this is costing my lots of money when the site is down ive tryed everything to get it working but nuthing as yet i keep geting a blank wight page saying www.evansfunfair.com i bort the .com domain name in november last year and this aint the first time it has gone down please help
Photo of funfairevans

funfairevans

• 21 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • angry

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of Shaq

Shaq

• 868 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Click Update My Site that should make it work
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hello funfairevans,

I'm sorry you're frustrated; we will get it worked out. Ruth is currently offline so I will help.

Can you please try re-publishing your site using these steps:

1. Click on the down arrow of Update Site
2. Click on Publishing Settings
3. Click on Manage Domains - check to make sure your domain name is entered in the area labeled "Domain I all ready own"
4. If it isn't, put it in there and click Save, if it was all ready there click Cancel
5. Click Republish Your Site

Please let us know if this doesn't solve your problem and we will assist further.

Kind Regards,
Emmy
Photo of funfairevans

funfairevans

• 21 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
i have tryed all this and still no luck pease help
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Ok, thanks for trying that. Can you please email us at support@yola.com and we will continue from there.

Emmy
Photo of Peter

Peter

• 2569 Posts
  • 113 Reply Likes
Hello funfairevans,

Can you see your site in the builder? I mean check that you can see the pages of your site in the builder.

Please check that you can.
Photo of funfairevans

funfairevans

• 21 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
yes i can see me pages in my site builder but this is the 5 time this has happend cince synthasite went over to yola my site was working this morning but now has gone down it is costing me money that i carnt affored to lose i can even down load the site and save it but it wont show up when i go to www.evansfunfiar.com
Photo of funfairevans

funfairevans

• 21 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
i have emailed you guys all so but with no reply thats y i am here i emailed you from evansfunfair@talktalk.net
Photo of Peter

Peter

• 2569 Posts
  • 113 Reply Likes
I can see your site now! Good news!
Photo of funfairevans

funfairevans

• 21 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
thank you any chance that you no what the problem was and is there any chance of compansation as it aint the first time this has happend if u dont mind me asking i have lost over £600 pounds of work to day on bookings over the past few weeks cince yola took over i have had problems with the domain going down even if you guys offer and extra mounths substriction i would be happy thank you
Photo of funfairevans

funfairevans

• 21 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
all so do you now when i have got to re pay for my site as i do not no when i ordered it to .com 1. when dse it have to be relised 2 when is the last day of the 1 year of .com for it
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hello,
I see that your site is live!

Emmy
Photo of funfairevans

funfairevans

• 21 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
i im thank full for you guys fixing it but still not hapy emmy that i have lost bookings to day i get a lot of traffic to the site as that is my main way of bookings for our rides as we are a travling funfair i no it sound realy cheeky but what about the days ive lost with my site going down cince yola took over
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Hi funfairevans

I am very sorry that you have lost business while your site was down. I would like to begin by investigating why this happened and ensuring that it does not happen again. We can then discuss the other issues you raised. We are looking into this and will get back to you when you know more. You mentioned that this had happened to you 5 times. Did you send in support requests on those other occasions? If you did, it would be helpful in establishing the times that your site was down.

While we aim to ensure as close to 100% uptime for all published sites as possible, no webhost is fool proof and occasional unavoidable downtime does occur.

I would just like to clarify that SynthaSite changed its name to Yola. Yola did not "take over" we are the same company by a different name :)

We would like to do whatever we can to make this right for you.
Photo of UK Duke

UK Duke, Champion

• 3321 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
the link does not work for me 20:35 UK
Photo of UK Duke

UK Duke, Champion

• 3321 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
sorry - you mis spelt the second link - the top link works fine.
Photo of UK Duke

UK Duke, Champion

• 3321 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
while im here... 2 things...
First you mention page load time in your open message... on your pictures page you could quater the load time by resizing your images - when you resize them on the page it does not change the original file - i would go to your file manager and go through the images one by one editing them in Picnik, resize them and save back to yola. This will take a while to do but it will be worth it for load speed.

The second thing is your favicon is also a big image try to resize this aswell, the favicon is actually only 16px x 16px.

Hope this helps you - lee.
Photo of funfairevans

funfairevans

• 21 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
ok thank you it maintly happends at least 2twice a mounth i would be gratefull if you could fix this issuse with my account monatring it on acasions as all my sites went down not just the evansfunfiar.com site every site i have with sysntasite went down i am to beleav that yola is a beta version of the new company name i am thinking of transfuering my site to another domain if it hapends again as i carnt affored lose of urnings i have put a lot of time in to the site and allways updating it as we are a funfair we do require it to be 100% uptime i would like some sort of compensation even though i like using synthasite;s website i recond you guys should of stayed with the old domain name as i didnt have any problems then till it went over to yola i would like to inform that offcom are infovled in the all so and have asked that under the 1997 act of world wide web regs costomer has the right to ask for some sort of compensation or a good will jester in other terms as this problem has accours more that once in the past 2 mounths in total over 2 mounths ive lost 15 days of website up time due to this problem and would like them added to my account thank you
Photo of UK Duke

UK Duke, Champion

• 3321 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
funfairevans - did you see my post above? - i dont want to get involved in this too much i just wanted to say that you are experinceing more down time than other Yola users, my site is very rarely down maybe once in 5 months and only for a short time and your site is on the same servers as mine.
There is a chance something you have added to your site is casuing your site not to load.

Hope you work this out - Lee.
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Duke is correct - your sites are on the same servers. I have asked one of our system and service engineers to comment. The problem I am having in troubleshooting this issue is that your account does not correspond to the facts. Yola websites have not been down for 15 days in the last two months. We need to establish if your site has been down for that amount of time and if so what the cause was. However, we are happy to extend your free site building and hosting account indefinitely as a gesture of goodwill.
Photo of funfairevans

funfairevans

• 21 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
HI THERE dose that mean i never lose my .com so is allways stays www.evansfunfair.com
Photo of funfairevans

funfairevans

• 21 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
i would be gratefull if you can do this as a good will gesture if i have any other problems i will contact you please send the comfamation to funfair@talktalk.net that will cover my lose of bissness that i have lost thank you Evans FunFairs The Maneger Tuson Evans
Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 7 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi funfairevans,

I am one of the systems engineers at Yola. We have a number of monitoring services in place to ensure we are aware of, and can respond to, availability issues. While we cannot claim to have 100% availability at present, we have definitely not experienced the kind of service disruptions of which you are speaking. As Duke pointed out, all of the sites are situated in the same hosting cluster, and, as such, the kind of downtime you are talking about would have resulted in a torrential spate of complaints from other customers.
We are examining your case within our internal support channel, and would appreciate specific times and durations of unavailability. Please add them to your support query, by responding to our support@yola.com address. This additional information will assist us greatly in correlating the down-time you observed, with our monitoring services.

We pride ourselves on having a high availability, high quality service, and I am sorry you have found our free product unfavorable for your business.

If you are interested in seeing discussions around our uptime, please review http://getsatisfaction.com/yola/topic...
Photo of funfairevans

funfairevans

• 21 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
i have 1 more question for yola please help

I would like to move my domain name to evansfunfair.gotdns.com wich i on my own pc at home but whn i download the site it will not work just comes up witha load of garble jumbled up rubbish is there a way that yola can convert the site to html so that i can accsess the page from my home pc in html format as i have my own domain at home i wish to use insted of yola thank you evansfunfai.com
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hello,
I have answered you on the other thread where you posted this question. Can you please take a look there an let me know if you have any further questions: http://tinyurl.com/yfmtsgj.

Emmy