webforwarding from 123reg

• Problem
  • Updated 8 years ago
  • Solved
Hi there i have recently published my free site through yola and the link is www.pedifish.yolasite.com. However I already have the domain www.pedifishspa.co.uk purchased through 123reg.

I have set webforwarding through 123reg and waited over 24 hours but it is now just showing as a white blank page. please help

can i forward it to www.pedifish.yolasite.com or do i have to upgrade to silver (i am currently just using the free service) I dont want to have to upgrade/

any help much appreciated
kev
Photo of kevlo84

kevlo84

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 8 years ago

Photo of Andi North, Mangopear Media

Andi North, Mangopear Media

• 782 Posts
  • 111 Reply Likes
Hello kevio84,

You would need to upgrade to Yola Silver to forward the domain.

If you would like to use your domain, you would have to transfer it to Yola. To transfer a domain, it has to be registered with 123-reg for at least 60 days.

Your costs would also increase from £5.99/2 years to the Yola prices (which are a lot more to support the cost of the hosting service that they provide).

I personally would recommend that you upgrade to Yola Silver as you would be able to use your much cheaper domain using 123-reg and you would have such a better SiteBuilder experience with Yola Silver compared to Yola Free.

Hope this helps,

Andi
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hello Kevlo84,

If you would like to use a domain name not purchased from Yola you will need to edit the A Records to point towards Yola's ip address. Andi has given some good information above that should be helpful. You will need to upgrade to Yola Silver to use a .co.uk domain name because Yola cannot accept these for transfer at this time. Here is a link to a tutorial with more information on this topic: Publish to a domain you already own.

If you have any further questions please let us know.

Kind Regards,
Emmy