What happened?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
I have had my yola website for years and I pay for the site. I have not been on the site since june. I was preparing for my next festival and sent folks to the site. Low and behold when you click on the link it takes you to a oriental website. I would say I have been phished. I can see my info when i log onto yola and it shows the same link address. How can I fix this problem?
Photo of Sheryl Campbell

Sheryl Campbell

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated and perplexed

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas, Social Media Coordinator

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi Sheryl,

Can you please share the website address you are referring to or submit a request to support here if you don't want to post it on our forum?
Photo of Sheryl Campbell

Sheryl Campbell

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Sure the website is heartwoodbattleofthebandsandfest.com
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello Sheryl

According to our system, your domain name heartwoodbattleofthebandsandfest.com expired on 15 May 2013. It looks like your subscription for this domain was not set to auto-renew, so you would have needed to manually renew it from your Yola account. If a domain is on manual renewal, we send multiple e-mails beforehand to remind of renewing the domain in time. It was unfortunately not renewed and expired fully.

When I look up the information of this domain now, it seems like it has been taken by another user who published their own website to it. In this case you aren't the owner of this domain any longer, and there is nothing we can do to get the domain back for you.

There is another domain in your account which has completely expired, it's heartwoodmusicfestival-spittsburgtn.com. If you would like to repurchase it, you will be able to do so as it is available for resale and has not been registered. When purchasing it from us, you should be opted into auto-renewal to avoid an unwanted expiry in future.

I'm very sorry I don't have better news for the former domain. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Photo of Sheryl Campbell

Sheryl Campbell

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
?, my records shows that in May my auto renew was on or I turned it on when I was notified did renew and a payment was sent to you.
Thank you for your order from Yola.

Hello sheryl campbell,

Your transaction number is 0602938098f44bc7a7f4a81dae17755d.
Description Term Price Next Billing Date
Yola Bronze Renewal:

Expanded storage (2GB/site)
Create and publish up to 5 websites
Telephone support for 30 days
Premium quality hosting
Domain pointing

Annually First Payment: $49.95 USD (Thereafter: $49.95 USD annually) 15th May 2014
Total Cost $49.95 USD

Please note: If you paid with PayPal, you will also receive a receipt from them.

Your service will be automatically renewed for the subscription period from the current date until you either terminate your service agreement, or change your plan. For more information about your account and current features, visit your Account Profile in My Yola.

Please note: You are receiving these features at a discounted package price. If you choose to cancel any component of the package, the charges for the remaining services on your account will automatically convert to the applicable existing, non-discounted rate(s).

Your subscription is bound by our terms of service. For details on how to cancel your subscription read our Cancellation Policy. You can also reach our support representatives here.
Photo of Sheryl Campbell

Sheryl Campbell

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
So, am I missing something?
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Hello Sheryl,

The transaction details you have posted above are for your Yola Bronze hosting plan and not your domain subscriptions. This Bronze hosting is separate to your domain subscriptions and the domains are paid separately. You need to look at both of these to get a clear picture.
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello Sheryl

Your domain and your hosting package are separate subscriptions. The text of the e-mail you posted above is about your Yola Bronze hosting package. The domain must be renewed separately if it's not on auto-renewal. I'm sorry that you've lost your domain. Would you consider to register a new domain name for your website?
Photo of Sheryl Campbell

Sheryl Campbell

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I did register/purchased another domain. I am letting the other festival website go.