What happened to the text editing bar???

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: 'I have an idea' - Petition to bring back the original text editor.

I've never had a negative comment about Yola, but this morning I find a new text editing bar, I HATE IT!!!! Please bring back the old one ASAP!!!

It covers the text where I'm working. I do not want the bar moving around the page. I want it anchored, as it was. Please, please fix this!!!

Click here to see my Yola site.
Photo of Sister

Sister

• 85 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
  • very disappointed!!!

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Natalie Edwards

Natalie Edwards

• 6 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Italics doesn't seem to be working on my site either.
Also if I write a piece of text and then go back and try to change the size, I can only do this if I highlight it from the start of the sentence and not from the back.
Is there anyway to stop it from having such gaps between sentences? The undo/redo button could be better placed as a quick button and not right at the bottom of the 'more' section as its a frequently used button.
Photo of Sister

Sister

• 85 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Yes, I want to see the undo/redo button at all times.
Photo of a1web UK

a1web UK

• 174 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
Take notice ADMINS... an hour after bugs where supposed to have been fixed.. there is still complaints here on the subject

WAKE UP YOLA

REVERT BACK and build on it from there fools.
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Our team has pushed a fix that was prompting you to save when no changes had been made.

We are still working on addressing your other concerns and will continue to update this space when we have more to report.
Photo of Chris Hall

Chris Hall

• 58 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Thank you Laura. Please can you confirm that the developers are also looking at the issue with the Style Developer wherby you cannot change the font size etc on linked text.

I have highlighted this numerous times on here, but your one response to me was very dismissive and avoided the actual point I was making.

It's getting quite late here in the UK, so I'll have to leave this for the night soon - but please do look into the problems and don't just ignore what people are actually saying. People are posting on here for a reason. Please try to appreciate and understand that. Thank you.
Photo of satidents

satidents

• 78 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Take everyone's advice and REVERT. Why are you punishing your customers - NO ONE HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE OLD SYSTEM - EVERYONE HAS A PROBLEM WITH THE NEW SYSTEM.

Throughout the years Yola's customer service and reputation has been great. Years work can be undone in such a short time (TAKE NOTE) people will be very quick to spread their bad experience with others. I know I will if this act continues any further.
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi Chris,

I'm sorry you feel I was dismissive. I believe I understand where we were misunderstanding each other and have replied to you again on that thread. I am doing my best to catalog and prioritize all the concerns shared here for our engineers who likewise are working to resolve them all. What we're working on next is the space left when reducing text size, but I can assure you we will not stop until we have addressed everyone's concerns.
Photo of Chris Hall

Chris Hall

• 58 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Thank you Laura - that's good to hear.

In the meantime, is there any way that we could have the previous, more user-friendly site editor back please? Because of the recent changes, the fonts and text colours across my entire site are now a hell of a mess and I need to change them back (something that you can't currently do because of the downgrade).

Reverting back until you can fix the numerous problems would help everyone out a hell of a lot. Do you think the Yola site developers will be able to manage this?
Photo of glynis.sherwood

glynis.sherwood

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I agree with Chris's suggestion that the old site editor be brought back until all of the bugs in the new editor are worked out.
Photo of a1web UK

a1web UK

• 174 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
Yola has adopted a 'like it or lump it' attitude
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
A number of you have mentioned that your formatting is not retained when you copy and paste text from one page or text widget on your website to another. This is actually by design.

When you copy and paste text from one Text Widget to another Text Widget, all custom font formatting is removed because repeated copying and pasting of formatted text can create duplicate code, causing poor performance on your website.

The best way to keep a consistent format is to use our Style Designer.

The Style Designer provides an easy to use panel that allows you to customize your style and apply the changes you make to your entire website keeping your text style, size and colors consistent. Any new Text Widget added will automatically apply the font properties you've already set up, saving you the trouble of having to set up the formatting every time. This will help many of you indicating that you have numerous pages to repair.

The Style Designer is located in Style > Style Settings > Style Designer or you can click on the color palette on the Text Editing Toolbar.

We realize this is an adjustment for many of you but if you take a moment to give it a try, we think you'll see how much faster and easier it is to format your text using the Style Designer.
Photo of andreakahn1

andreakahn1

• 42 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Hi Laura. Using the Style Designer is not a solution at ALL. Understand please that the "page to page consistency" you are advising is contraintuitive to CREATIVITY. I am an ARTiST and although I carry my logo from one page to another, each page MUST be individually designed! That means text must be styled and the need to copy and paste from one area to another is ESSENTIAL. There is no "adjusting" to these limitations.

The text styling only offers certain SET sizes.

The "color wheel" is ridiculous, a total waste of time for someone who is working creatively; the lack of easy to grab swatches vs. the numerals that have to be copied each time to copy a single color is absurd.

If your company is not planning any adustments, please make a global announcement via Twitter, your blog or here advising customers to go to a source that will provide flexibility, ease, consistency and responsive customer service.

Please advise us all. Thank you.

To be clear: Many of us DO NOT WANT TO USE A RIGID STYLE DESIGNER. This type of cumbersome tool can be found on any (ANY) of the websites that grade schools use with their very young children who require limited choices and stringent boundaries. Please do not DUMB DOWN your product.
Photo of Sister

Sister

• 85 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Excellent comments andreakahn1. Just what I wanted to say, only said so much better. Thank you!
Photo of Jessica

Jessica

• 29 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Copying images from other pages (aka OTHER WEBSITES) does not even work. FIX THIS.