What information do I enter to change the namesever delegation on own domain site?

• Question
  • Updated 11 years ago
I have a domain name with Melbourne IT, which requires 2 nameservers. The SynthaSite instructions give the IP address of 208.75.208.172, but what must I enter as the host name? The secondary name server needs to be different from the first - what should I put in for the second one? Thanks!
Photo of spo

spo

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • confused

Posted 12 years ago

Photo of lisaretief

lisaretief

• 114 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi spo,

SynthaSite does not provide name servers at this stage - you must continue to use the ones you are using.

All you need to do is create an A-Record which points to 208.75.208.172.

If Melbourne IT does not provide you with nameservers you can use a free service such as www.zoneedit.com.
Photo of Imran

Imran

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
How can i design my own email that can be forward to my yahoo account?

Plz help.
THnx
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi Imran - unfortunately SynthaSite doesn't offer any email addresses at the moment. Sorry I don't have better news for you.
Photo of Kumby

Kumby

• 211 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Hello Imran,
You can have your own email adress with google apps, it would look like something like this example@yoursite.com. You can basically change the ".com", "example" to what ever you want. Go to www.google.com/a to sign up. You'll find step by step instructions there, if you need any help just ask.

-www.animestarr.co.cc
Photo of dansta

dansta

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
what is an a-record
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi dansta - If you've purchased a domain name from a domain registrar, you'll need to edit settings on that domain so that you will be able to publish your site to that domain. To do this, you create an A Record on the domain with SynthaSite's IP address. You can get more information on how to do this on this thread: http://getsatisfaction.com/SynthaSite...