Where can I get help with using SynthaSite?

• Question
  • Updated 11 years ago
Photo of SynthaSite FAQ

SynthaSite FAQ

• 67 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 12 years ago

Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Official Response
Post a question in this forum, and someone from the SynthaSite community is bound to respond to you. You can also send us an e-mail at support@synthasite.com and a support agent will reply to you as soon as possible.
Photo of Kate

Kate

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I know it seems simple, but I can't move items on my screen. I entered text at the top and a picture at the bottom and want to swap them? Shouldn'
t I be able to drag things around?
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi Kate - you can definitely move your widgets around. Click on the green top bar of the widget and drag it to where you would like it to be. You will know you are able to drop it when a light-green horizontal line appears on the page.
Photo of Kate

Kate

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Can I change the font and appearance of my heading?
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
At the moment the font and appearance of the heading can't be changed. An alternative is to use a style that has it's own editable banner and upload a banner with your own custom heading. To remove the existing heading, click on it and hit the spacebar instead of text, so it appears blank.
Photo of lady Jane

lady Jane

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Please tell lme why my Email address does not let me on.
It keeps telling me that email address allready exists
I put in my password and the same error comes up
does someone else have the same email address.
My Email address has allways been krasnowb1@bellsouth.net
Can you help. Thank you Bob Krasnow
Photo of Ed-a-Torials @ Honey Bear Playhomes

Ed-a-Torials @ Honey Bear Playhomes, Champion

• 2582 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
Hi Bob

Sorry that you are having difficulties

The system will return an error if you use an e-mail address that has already been used, it is also possible that someone else used your e-mail by mistake or error in typing in their e-mail address.

If someone else has used your email address, you could also try resetting the password by going here: http://www.synthasite.com/user/forgot...

This should send you an e-mail with details on how to reset your password and access your site builder.

Hope this helps and happy site building...
Ed

http://getsatisfaction.com/SynthaSite...

You could contact support@synthasite.com with the details you wish to use to sign up and they could further assist you from there.
Photo of Tim

Tim

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi!
How or can I have my menu buttons in the left colum float down the page as the readed moves down the page. The way it works now is they stay put and the reader must return to the top to push a menu button.

Thank you,
Tim
Photo of Ed-a-Torials @ Honey Bear Playhomes

Ed-a-Torials @ Honey Bear Playhomes, Champion

• 2582 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
Hi Tim

I feel for you as I as well had the very same thought some time ago and as all the menus are fixed I had to get creative and add page buttons at the bottom to guide the viewer without the need to scroll all the way to the top.

http://honeybearplayhomes.synthasite....
http://honeybearplayhomes.synthasite....

You can accomplish this by adding buttons or by simply using a text box widget and typing your page names and then linking to them. Also, you could simply have a text widget with "Return to the top" in it linked to the very same page. (it will return to the top always)

There are those slider menus that you speak of that you can purchase elsewhere on the web. I have used many of them personally but some were not compatible with the system or did not function in some browsers. I would much rather ensure that something works for all then run the risk of alienating a viewer.

I hope that gave you something to think about...

Happy site building
Ed
Photo of Carlos

Carlos

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I don't rememeber where on the site I saw it but how can I create a muti subscriber database for my wepage like yahoo, gmail, etc.
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi Carlos - are you looking for a way to allow visitors to your site to create accounts and login? Unfortunately that's not yet possible with SynthaSite.