Trouble logging into Yola Mail

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Outdated

AGAIN my inbox is not accessible, another day lost of work, I work from home and this cannot keep happening.
Photo of Angela Mary Butler

Angela Mary Butler

• 29 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 8 years ago

Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi Angela,

I'm sorry to hear this has been an ongoing problem for you. We have logged a ticket for our engineers and we will be in touch with you direct with an update as soon as we know more.
Photo of Colleen Meheen

Colleen Meheen

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am not able to sign in to my yola mail? It asks me to purchase as opposed to logging into my current account?

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Logging into a Yola Mail Account.
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi Colleen, our engineers are working on this and we will get back to you when we have a solution. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Photo of Saskia

Saskia

• 110 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Just mentioning that today i am faced with the same problem...
Photo of Stefan

Stefan

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello Angela

I was trying to investigate on your account, but when I search for you in our system using the e-mail address you have with Get Satisfaction, I am shown a Yola Free account, which cannot have Yola Mail.

Can you please provide the URL of your Yola account that you are referring to for us to assist you further?
Photo of Stefan

Stefan

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello Colleen

I am able to view your Yola Mail page successfully from your Yola account. If you are being requested to purchase Yola Mail (instead of viewing your Yola Mail page), could you try refreshing the page and let me know if this resolves the problem? You can also try and clear cache and cookies.

You can access your Yola Mail mailbox from the following webmail link: http://mail.elan-lifespa.com/mail

Please also note that your Bronze hosting package has expired. Just go to http://yola.com/pricing to purchase Yola Bronze again. You will need a hosting package to be able to use your custom domain for your Yola website.

Angela Mary Butler

• 29 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
hello

A few months ago, my inbox 'disappeared' and I complained, and it took days for it to be 'found' again. During this time, I lost work, and missed a flight.

I was given an upgrade to silver as a way of comepnsation, and my inbox was restored, but since then, it has been on my.yola.com/email/crabtreepress (I think thats right.. anyway, the liunk has crabtreepress at the end of it)

For some reason, to log into my crabtreepress inbox and my angelabutler inbox I have to go via the same link, and also, I puschased an inbox for innergoddessexperience that has never worked since I paid for it on the innergoddessexperience link, and again, I finally found that I can get into it via crabtreepress

What this means, I do not know, but I have paid for these inboxes, and have them, can usually access them, yet they seem to disappear, or I cannot log in as it asks me to buy an inbox etc... and I'm so fed up of it

If you can sort this once and for all I would very grateful as I use this for my business

many thanks

Angela

p.s I dont want to say on here the link but yesterday I was given a temporary link to access my email and I can get into the mail now, using this link, but not the regular way for some reason, but like I say, it has not been regular since it went wrong the other month anyway as have to access 4 inboxes via one link

Angela Mary Butler

• 29 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
p.s yes I used a different eail address here, as cannot access the angela@angelabutler.net one so seemed silly to use that?

thats the email address that I cannot access.
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
I just want to reassure you that I did find your Yola Mail account originally and was able to reproduce the error you are describing. Sorry for the confusion. Our engineers are investigating this as a matter of urgency.
Photo of Ceri

Ceri

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello. I have recently purchased yola mail on my account however, it does not appear to be working?

Yola Mail..not working.
Photo of loconway

loconway

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi. I have a massive problem. I cannot access my Yola Mail at all! I use it as my work email and it has been down for two days! I am not due for payment renewal yet so I don't know what th problem is!! Please help and fast!! You can contact me on loconway@tcd.ie

Yola Mail not working!!!! Sort it out!!.
Photo of innovo.rsmith

innovo.rsmith

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I cannot log onto my Yola email account. It is rsmith@innovoinstitute.com. Please help ASAP. You may contact me a innovo.rsmith@gmail.com

cannot log onto my Yola email account.
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
I just wanted to update this thread to let you know that we are aware there is a problem accessing your Yola Mail accounts and our engineers are hard at work troubleshooting the problem. As soon as we know more we will be sure to announce it here. Thanks for your patience as we work through this.
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Official Response
In testing and troubleshooting this problem we believe that it's possible there are two separate issues. Some of you may find that switching to Safari or Internet Explorer will allow you to use your Yola Mail. If you see a message that says "Yola Mail is not currently configured for your domain, because you are accessing your email using another mail provider", please click on the button that says "Switch back to Yola". Then, you can finish setting up your email.

Rest assured this is a temporary solution as our engineers continue to debug the root of the problem.
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
The reliability of Yola Mail is a very sad state of affairs. The service should be cut free and a reliable alternative set up immediately.

It's most unfair to leave people with a service that is so erratic and unreliable. I have never come across such a bad system previously and wonder why Yola don't just swing everyone over to G Apps Mail?

The current service is to be avoided at all costs.
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Hi Gop. This is a pretty sweeping statement. I gather you are also familiar with the many threads of customers who come via the Google partnership who plead with us to allow them to purchase Yola Mail because of the difficulties they encounter with Google Apps. I remember the #gfail trending topic on Twitter some time back where similar suggestions were put to Google themselves. I am a great fan of Google Apps and highly recommend it, but it too is not perfect. In fact if you spent time in any support forum for email services I would hazard a guess that you would find a lot of customer problems which the service needs to correct. At any given time one service may be doing a relatively better or worse job of addressing these. We take problems with any part of our service very seriously, but we aren't throwing in the towel just yet. Because we care about the customers who love their Yola Mail (the overwhelming majority) just as much as the ones who are currently having difficulty. Now back to getting to the bottom of these issues . . .
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
I agree that setting up GApps mail is a problem for many, that was promised to be customised by Yola at some point in the future, but the reliability is pretty good once it is set up. Certainly not the incidence of the issues with Yola Mail and I don't recall issues with reliability of G Apps mail on this forum.

Yola Mail problems run with a background and surface regularly as crises.

Remember Gertrude and the Player Queen
Photo of jeremy

jeremy, Employee

• 1349 Posts
  • 90 Reply Likes
Hi Gop,

Maybe you should go check out their forums from time to time. But again, we are not interested in pointing out the failures of others to make ourselves look better. I have used so many different email services in my life and had roughly the same amount of problems with all of them and it is always a crisis of life-shattering proportions. I am glad we have a "let's fix it" attitude at Yola because what we do agree on is that these people need to get their Mail back!
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Hi Jeremy,

We're talking about the Yola Mail problems on this forum and the lack of serviceability issues with GApps at this place ? Not making cases for appearances but rather reliability for users.

I see there are 4,000,000 businesses with GApps and mail and not so many serviceability issues when I search. There is lots of frustration with advanced features that Yola Mail isn't into. The biggest issue of serviceability was 12 mo ago but again this is reported to have affected a very small percentage of users. No mail was lost without a trace. There were some messages that bounced at that time.

Yola's "let's fix it attitude" is good, it's hope but look at the history of serviceability issues with Yola Mail...For how long is the fix good and how good a fix is it?
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
We appreciate your point of view on this Gop, but we do stand by Yola Mail as an excellent solution for our customers who want all of their web needs serviced in one convenient place. It was due to this feedback that we implemented Yola Mail and we are committed to getting it right now and in the future.
Photo of youtoocantravel

youtoocantravel

• 16 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
when attempting to access my email i am unable to do so. I am directed to start a new account. I need to access my southernbeauty mailbox.

I can't access my email..
Photo of elizabeth

elizabeth

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am unable to check my email. When I tab on my yola mail it takes me to sign up for it.
I see that others are having the same problem...I also had a problem last week with my web page was informed that Yola had a "bug"? Why does this happen so often?

Elizabeth

No Email.
Photo of Nazlie

Nazlie

• 1721 Posts
  • 51 Reply Likes
Hi elizabeth

We are experiencing a problem with Yola Mail which could be the reason you are unable to access your mailbox. I refer you to the official response on this forum thread:

In testing and troubleshooting this problem we believe that it's possible there are two separate issues. Some of you may find that switching to Safari or Internet Explorer will allow you to use your Yola Mail. If you see a message that says "Yola Mail is not currently configured for your domain, because you are accessing your email using another mail provider", please click on the button that says "Switch back to Yola". Then, you can finish setting up your email.

Rest assured this is a temporary solution as our engineers continue to debug the root of the problem.

Can you tell us the previous problem you were experiencing with Yola and let us know if you need more help or if it has been resolved.

Nazlie
Photo of Jeannie

Jeannie

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
how come it is telling me again that I need to purchase an email, when i already did? I can't always axcess my emails. It happens often.. What do I do about this. I paid for an email address for one year and that was only a few months ago.

EMAIL PROBLEMS.
Photo of Saskia

Saskia

• 110 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Hi Jeannie, you've probably noticed you're not the only one. I had the same problem and still do. However...i can access my mail via the following direct link:

http://mail.elan-lifespa.com/mail

Hope this will help you too!

Good Luck!

Saskia
Photo of Pete

Pete

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I keep getting the yola add a mailbox to your domain blocking me from my mailbox entry i even purchased the mailbox again to avoid it when I had plenty of time to go before it ran out and its starting to block my entry to my mailbox again. Why is this and how do you get pass it?

Trouble accessing yola mail.
Photo of elizabeth

elizabeth

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Unable to open my email.

Please fix the email....again..
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Official Response
I just wanted to update you and let you know that our engineers are still working to debug the Yola Mail issues you are experiencing.

I also want to be sure that those of you with email already set up know, you can access your email via direct link: http://mail.YOURDOMAIN.com/mail

Again, we're sorry for the frustration and inconvenience you're experiencing as we work towards a solution.
Photo of hubenglish

hubenglish

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
When I try to access my email, I keep getting the banner "set up an email account".

I still can't access my Yola email. I'm losing business of this..
Photo of loconway

loconway

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This is actually going on for two weeks. I have already lost out on two contracts due to this mess!!

I am beyond furious at this stage now!!

If I see another email with ' our engineers our working hard on this problem' again I will lose my mind.

Sort this out immediately.
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
We absolutely understand your anger and are sorry to hear the negative impact this is having on your business. Does this mean that the workarounds provided in the comments at the top of this thread are not working for you? Have you had a chance to try them? If they are not, please email support@yola.com so we can work with you direct. Our engineers are still working on the root of the problem but the workarounds above should allow you access to your email. We realize this is still far from ideal and we are striving to insure this does not happen again going forward.

Angela Mary Butler

• 29 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am now disgusted. Now, when I use the alternative url to log in, I cannot OPEN mail. It does not seem to let me click it ... it's not connecting somehow. I have lost clients this week and all I want now, is to log in to catch up, get contacts and then leave Yola. I am even wondering if I can take action for loss of earnings and distress. People have BUSINESSES and used Yola as you are a great deal for small businesses, but not if this happens, and all we keep hearing, is that your engineers are working on it. It seems to me its broken and you cant fix it
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi Angela,

The account you emailed us from does not have a Yola Mail account associated with it, nor is it eligible for Yola Mail as you signed up via the Get Your Business Online program. Do you have an alternate account by chance that does have a Yola Mail account?
Photo of Deon

Deon, Official Rep

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Official Response
Hi everyone.

I just want to let you know what is happening with the current Yola Mail issue. Although it doesn't look like it, we have been busy with this bug for the past few weeks. We are experiencing some problems with a call to our upstream mail provider to validate that the domain is currently configured correctly. If this call fails, MyYola thinks that the user did not buy Yola Mail and shows the screen for buying new mail credits. We are going to implement a fix to show you that there is an error with our call to the upstream provider, instead of showing you the screen to buy new mail credits.

The rest of the problem is what we have been working on. The changes we already made to the code, is to log some problems and give better error descriptions in our back-end application. This made it possible for us to pinpoint where and when this bug actually triggers. We each new change we make, we need to deploy this fix and wait for it to trigger again, so we can find some more information. I think that we are very close to a solution and at any time when you have a problem, we can try to resolve it for you until this bug is completely sorted.
Photo of Edith

Edith

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Greetings! When I ordered my domain name through Yola I also purchased to have the email affiliated with the domain. My question is why now in my regular email it is making me an offer to purchase an email to go with the site? Do I need to send the attached email or proof of purchase? Your assisting me with this matter will be greatly appreciated.
I show a charge of $21.95 on my bank statement. That was for the domain name and the email address addition.
Awaiting your response to this predicament.

Thanks Kindly
2 Make An Impression
E. Feeney2011@Gmail.Com

I would like what I paid for..
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi Edith,

Please review the official messages posted at the top of this page and let us know if you need any further assistance. So sorry for the confusion and inconvenience.
Photo of Ross Carne

Ross Carne

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I set-up a mail client with my domain, lifechangesupply.ca and now I have forgotten my email address? Some replies here say look for email in the site builder site. There is no email button in my site builder to the left.
I get an error message if I try to create another account.
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Hello Ross,

If you have signed with the Canadian Get Your Business Online then you aren't offered the choice of Yola Mail. This has been explained as the sweetheart deal with Google, since they are a big player in the program.

Your options is to use a third party mail system such as Google Mail or the Live Mail option.

If you already have one of these third party emails and have lost your login details then you would need to follow the procedures outlined by those providers for recovery.
Photo of Shaun

Shaun

• 25 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am also having this problem.. I have tried multiple devices.. Multiple browsers including firefox...
And multiple internet connections.. and still getting "error" "problem loading page" etc..

I'm sorry, but for a paid service.. this should not happen. 

The email I am talking about is info@focalcarpentrybrighton.co.uk
It is very important I get into this. I already have clients trying to reach me via this.. 

Please help
Photo of Shaun

Shaun

• 25 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This is pretty bad for a PAID service.. We should not have to shop around on different browsers till it works. Just dont charge for something that clearly does not work.. MOney back please???  
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi Shaun, 

This thread is over 2  years old and was related to a specific problem with an upstream provider that is no longer ongoing. If you are having a problem with your mail, can you please email us from the address associated with your Yola account at support@yola.com so we can investigate the problem you are experiencing.