Who can i get a check made out to?

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 10 years ago
  • Answered
Ok in my business i am selling stuff. I am under 18, and I do not have a business license. Because of this who can i tell the customers to fill checks out too? I would like it to be capture memories but i think i need a business license to allow me to cash it under that name. Is this correct. I know this isn't synthasite but I would really like the help!!
Thanks Guys

Check it out
Photo of dlong


  • 48 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • unsure

Posted 10 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Guido Graphics

Guido Graphics

  • 558 Posts
  • 41 Reply Likes
You should be able to get a license for less than $100. First get the name registered - I did it online at sunbiz.org (Florida is less than $50.00) go to your city hall / county offices and apply for a license - $45.00 - (yours may be less) there shouldn't be any age restriction on that. Then go to the bank and open an account - or - take the license & I.D. to a check cashing place - but they take a percentage to cash the check.
Photo of Ruth


  • 2819 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
This really falls outside of the realm of SynthaSite's expertise, my suggestion is that you speak with a financial advisor in your state to ensure that you comply with local business laws and requirements.