Why can't I access my website?

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Solved
When I try to access my website, I get an error message saying "This website is not available." What is going on?
Photo of Brian

Brian

• 37 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • irritated and concerned

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Hello Brian,

I'm wondering if your hosting plan is still current? (Bronze, Silver etc).

I can see that your domain is still registered but hosting is now a separate subscription.
Photo of Brian Bushell

Brian Bushell

• 32 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
How many people realise this is going on? When you renew surely you renew hosting at the same time?
Photo of Brian Bushell

Brian Bushell

• 32 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
When did the policy change and why does it take customer support 12 hours to answer a query?
Photo of Brian

Brian

• 37 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I did a bronze account renewal on Sept. 17. My transaction number was af6332a2a7e749419c4a026f77605d72. If there is something else I need to do, please tell me what and how. Thanks.
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Thanks Brian.

can you just check in your My Yola that this has in fact been updated.

My Yola > Account.

The info will/(should) be seen in the modal window that shows: Account Information
Photo of Brian

Brian

• 37 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
It only says that I have "Yola Free." How do I get Yola to upgrade my account?
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
That probably means that the transaction you did in fact was for your domain "bendag.com".

To upgrade your Yola hosting on that Account modal window in the top right hand corner you will see "Upgrade" Click on that and follow the instructions.

You should be able to subscribe monthly or annually.
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas, Social Media Coordinator

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi Brian,

I took a look at your account and can confirm that both your domain renewal and hosting subscription payments are current. I tried repairing your account status and it did not work. I am investigating and will update you here as soon as I have an update for you. I'm so sorry for the frustration and inconvenience.
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Approx 16th December 2011. This was announced at that time in their blog and on this forum.

Domains and hosting plans have been separated.
Photo of Brian Bushell

Brian Bushell

• 32 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
www.frenchgardenrailways.com I've already provided this info to you twice!
Photo of Brian Bushell

Brian Bushell

• 32 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Which Brian are you replying to? I'm confused!
Photo of Brian

Brian

• 37 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Brian Bushell, sounds like you have a problem similar to mine, but Laura was responding to me (Brian D'Agostino).
Photo of Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi Brian (Brian D'Agostino),

I just wanted to confirm that we have addressed the issue with your account and processed a refund for the secondary Bronze purchase to your account ($49.95). Thanks again for your patience while we addressed this.
Photo of Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Bendag.com is redirecting to brian.bendag.com which is set as your primary domain. We still need to do some work to resolve your account status but people can access your website in the interim.
Photo of Brian

Brian

• 37 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Fabulous. Thanks for the prompt attention and quick results, Laura.
Photo of Brian Bushell

Brian Bushell

• 32 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I think you guys have a serious problem here, someting is screwed, i paid last january, yet you are telling me my hosting has lapsed!
Photo of Brian Bushell

Brian Bushell

• 32 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I have just found this though in my receipt dated 12.12.2011
"Hosting
Website hosting is always free at Yola, no matter what package you choose. Free, Bronze, or Silver, you'll always have a free home at Yola."
So why do I have to upgrade?
Photo of Brian Bushell

Brian Bushell

• 32 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
As you can see I renewed before your policy changes!
Photo of Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
You can host your website for free with us, you just can't publish to a custom domain. Should you wish to remain on Yola Free, simply publish your website to a .yolasite subdomain.

I do see a payment for ffotografer.com on 12/12/2010 but that has since expired. Your purchase for frenchgardenrailways.com was on 12/26/2011 which was after our package and pricing changes.
Photo of Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
This is a great conversation that's separate from the main topic, so I created a new topic to continue the discussion. Please reference the new topic here: My website is not available, do I need a hosting plan?
Photo of Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
This is a great conversation that's separate from the main topic, so I created a new topic to continue the discussion. Please reference the new topic here: My website is not available, do I need a hosting plan?
Photo of Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi Brian Bushell,

You can upgrade via the Account page in your MyYola account or directly from the Sitebuilder as shown in the screenshot below. I followed both these paths from within your account and had no problem reaching the checkout page so if you are struggling with this can you please tell me specifically what isn't working for you? Do you see an error?

Photo of Brian Bushell

Brian Bushell

• 32 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Laura
Thanks for all your personal input on this, and I'm sorry to kick up, but having looked back, I now see things a bit differently. I think you guys have changed policy after you renewed my contract or at least didn't change the terms in your renewal notice, so I now believe that I am ENTITLED to hosting until January 2013 as included in my renewal. Nothing personal and I really appreciate your help, yesterday I was prepared to pay more but now I see that it is a matter of principle that I don't! Please review the situation and rehost my website pronto!
Many thanks Brian