Why can't i add a widget or update my site?? it takes forever to load...

• Question
  • Updated 9 years ago
  • Answered
Help! Recently i notice that the page takes forever to load. Meaning, like i add a new widget (picture) or when i have saved changes and want to update site, it just displays "update my site.... loading...." for a really long time... nothing happens even i leave it there. Why is this so??? It does not used to be like that. Please help!!!
Photo of tinkletots

tinkletots

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated!

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hi tinkletots

May I recommend that you try clearing your cache in your browser and then try relogging back into your site and see if that makes any difference. If this does not yield any positive results, then try see if it will work better in a different browser.

It can also mean that you may have a bad code on your site. Do you recall what was the last thing you added? If you added a code or widget, try deleting this, then your site may function better.

Let us know if resolves your problems or not.
Photo of eltell

eltell

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have the same problem
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi tinkletots,

I hope Littleus' suggestions help. If not, could you post the URL of your site so that we can take a look? It may help us to find out why your site is taking so long to load.
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello eltell

I noticed that all your images are extremely large in file size. This will cause your site to load up slowly. I would suggest resizing your images to about 300px - 400px.

Also.. what browser are you using?
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hello eltell,

Yola has integrated with a powerful image editor called Picnik. You can use this program to resize your images; here are some instructions on how to use it:

1) Click on "manage files".

2) In the file manager, highlight the picture you want to resize. Then click "Edit Image" (right next to the "Upload files" button)

3) Picnik will load (it may take a while, so you will have to be patient).

4) Once your photo is loaded, click on the "resize" button (just below the "Edit" tab).

5) When you are happy with the dimensions, click the yellow "save to Yola" button in the top right hand corner.

This will take you back to Yola. If the image on your page is still too big, you might have to click the "refresh page" button. The new image will then show up on your page.

Please get back to me if you have any trouble resizing your image.

Emmy