why do a large portion of my photos disapear from my pages

• Question
  • Updated 9 years ago
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Missing Photos

THIS HAS HAPPENED TWICE,I'VE UPLOADED PHOTOS, SAVE, I PUBLISH, AND CHECK SITE, I WORK ON THE SITE AN HOUR OR TWO AND ALWAYS SAVE, AND CHECK MY SITE and find every thing seems in order, however the next day IT HAS SOME PICTURES LEFT UNTOUCHED AND OTHERS ARE GONE, BUT ON MY YOLA WEB BUILDING PAGE SOME ARE GONE.I HAVE CHECKED FOR ANSWERS ON YOUR SITE AND OTHER PEOPLE HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM, AND SUPPOSEDLY THE PROBLEM CAN BE CURED BY REFRESHING BUT IT DOESN'T WORK FOR ME.THIS IS VERY TIME CONSUMING IS THERE A CURE OR SHOULD I JUST GIVE UP THANKS, FLIPPER i use firefox
Photo of flipper

flipper

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • not happy this has happend twice, and i am prudent at using save

Posted 9 years ago

Photo of diane

diane

• 1238 Posts
  • 121 Reply Likes
Hi, Flipper,

This sounds frustrating I'm sure! Can you please post your url for your site so we can take a look at what is happening? Thanks.
Photo of flipper

flipper

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi; my URL is www.earthquakedeals..yolasite.com or my domain name is registered with godaddy with a domain name of www.earthquakedeals.com thanks flipper
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hi Flipper,
Can you please tell us what page you are missing images on so that we can take a closer look and see what you are seeing. Thank you!

Emmy
Photo of craigmcguirephotography

craigmcguirephotography

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Once you've saved it, have you published it?

The reason I ask is that I put an update on one of my sites a couple of days ago and forgot to publish it after I'd saved and previewed it.
Craig
Photo of flipper

flipper

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
yes i did , i publish after each change, but after your question i will create a new site and try to duplicate the problem. thanks flipper
Photo of flipper

flipper

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
emmy, all 5 pages lost some 2 lost all and i did publish after updating. flipper
Photo of flipper

flipper

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Craig, i did an update and saved and did not publish, logged out ,waited a while and logged back in and my update was not there, thanks i hope that was it flipper
Photo of Mark N

Mark N

• 466 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
I am having a problem with images on my site http://www.simplyeighties.com Some images do not seem to be loading properly when viewing the site. I have tried viewing in Internet Explorer and Firefox but the same problem occurs. Is anyone else seeing some images not appearing properly on my site? Particularly the thumbnail images which link to videos. Some don't appear at all and others sort of half appear!
Photo of Craig McGuire

Craig McGuire

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Marky,
I'm experiencing similar problems here:
http://forum.yola.com/yola/topics/wor...

Craig
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hi flipper,
We are currently looking into this issue to find out what the problem might be. I'm sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience while we work on this. I'll keep you updated on our progress.

Kind Regards,
Emmy
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hi flipper,

We're trying to pin down if this problem is specific to any geographic area, can you tell us where you are located. You don't have to be too specific and if you're not comfortable with that I understand.

Thanks much,
Emmy
Photo of flipper

flipper

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Emmy i am in the state line area of IL and WI , i thought i found the problem, but i still don't know how some of the photos are on my web site but missing on the yola web building site. Flipper
Photo of Brianna

Brianna

• 2045 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Thanks for sharing this, Flipper. We will continue to keep you updated when we hear more about this issue.
Photo of Brianna

Brianna

• 2045 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Hi Flipper,
I had a peek at your Yola account and am seeing that your site is published to a Yola subdomain: http://earthquakedeals.yolasite.com/, however, it is not published to a custom domain. This particular bug is affecting Yola purchased custom domains, not subdomains, which leads me to believe that this error you are seeing is being caused by something else.

When looking at your site, I do not seem to be seeing this error, as all of your pictures load fine for me. Please let us know if you are still experiencing this.
Photo of flipper

flipper

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
hi, Brianna yes the pics that are still there are loading fine , i am missing them on my building pages on yola, and i don't' know have i can have them on my earthquakedeals but not on my build site....Flipper
Photo of vcnz

vcnz

• 18 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I got the same issue since three days, I'm in Eu. Now it seems the issue is gone, but I'm not enthusiastic since it is also random.
Photo of Nazlie

Nazlie

• 1721 Posts
  • 51 Reply Likes
Hi vcnz

Thanks for the update. Our engineers are still monitoring the problem because it is random. I understand your lack of enthusiasm - we would like to have this issue resolved as much as you would!

We would appreciate it if you let us know if anything changes on your websites too so that we can check our environments and that of our service providers.

Once again, apologies for the inconvenience to you while we work on this matter.

Nazlie
Photo of vcnz

vcnz

• 18 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Indeed it was a temporary hope, images on my site are messed up again. While monitoring the situation I just noticed yesterday that the issue affects mostly images added by using the "Insert picture botton" in the right pane. It seems picture added in a text box are not affected. I did some tests: I removed a picture I had a problem with, of course it was added with the "inesrt picture botton". I added it back within a text box and it worked. I removed the text box and added the picture back with the "insert picture botton" and it didn't work again. I removed any cache data from my browser all the time of course. Is it just a case or you noticed the same behavior ?
It sounds to me that pictures added in that way are much more sensitive to the issues.
Photo of Nazlie

Nazlie

• 1721 Posts
  • 51 Reply Likes
Thanks for these details, vcnz. We appreciate your help. I am going to ask our engineers to take a look at this forum thread and see if it is helpful to them.

We have not noticed a pattern in which pictures are not working. One pattern we have noticed is that it is affecting users from the UK and now also from EU.
Photo of Brianna

Brianna

• 2045 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Hi vcnz,
Would you mind sharing your URL with us? We have located a fix on this bug and I would like to make sure that your site gets fixed up!
Cheers!
Photo of PuppyLuv Dog Care

PuppyLuv Dog Care

• 19 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm in Alberta, Canada - www.puppyluvdogcare.ca, and I'm experiencing the same problem. Hope you can fix it soon.
Photo of Brianna

Brianna

• 2045 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Hi PuppyLuv Dog Care,
I am happy to share that a fix has been made. This change will take 24-48 hours to appear on your site. Please let this time pass and share with us if you are still struggling to see the images on your site.