why do i get a gray background when i select a 3 column format?

• Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Answered
why do i get a gray background when i select a 3 column format?
Photo of lisa policastro

lisa policastro

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • amused

Posted 8 years ago

Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
Hi, you should not be getting a grey background. Are there any widgets that you may have put on there to do that? If this happens, just click "Change background" right under the page list.

I your style does not support this, can you let me know your style then? You can also change the background yourself with some CSS so if you need to do that let me know.

Hope this helps!
Nathan
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
Hi Lisa, does this solve your problem? Please let me know if it does or is it does not.
Photo of Brianna

Brianna

• 2045 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Hello Lisa,
Thank you for your message. Please share the style that you are using on your site so that we can look into this for you.
Cheers!
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
Hi Brianna. Did Lisa send an email or are you just talking about on this forum?

Kind regards,
Nathan
Photo of Brianna

Brianna

• 2045 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
this forum :)
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
Ok, thanks. I was just confused when you said email, but, its all fine now! :)
Photo of farragio

farragio

• 90 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
I'm having the same problem. If I choose the 2 over 1 or 3 over 1 layouts the background of the sections is a blueish gray and I can't get rid of it. I've tried creating new pages but it does it on every page. I didn't notice this happening in the past.

The gray color "graduates" across the page. For instance, in the 3 over 1 layout the column on the left is dark gray, the middle column is a little bit lighter, and the column on the right is light gray. The 1 section on the bottom is lightest gray.
Photo of Brianna

Brianna

• 2045 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Hi Farragio,

Thanks for your message. Can you please share with me the name of the style you are using? Some styles do change background colors when the layout is changed. It sounds as though this is what is happening for you and I would like to test it on my end.

Cheers!
Brianna
Photo of farragio

farragio

• 90 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Hi Brianna, the style I'm using is Burlap Khaki.
Photo of Nazlie

Nazlie

• 1721 Posts
  • 51 Reply Likes
Hi farragio

Brianna is currently offline, but I can help you.

I tested the Burlap Khaki style on my test site and I see the gradiation of the 3-column page layout you describe.

Here is a screen shot of my page:

It looks like this is how the style template renders 3-column layouts.

If you would like to change the background color, you can do so using a Text Widget and some HTML.

To do this, add a Text Widget to your column. Then click on the HTML link on the Text Editing Toolbar and paste this code:

<div style="border: 2px solid red; width: 400px; height: 211px; background-color: white;">This is where your text goes</div>

You can change the elements of the code to display your Text Widget. Here is what each element means:

1. "Width" is how wide the background area will be. You can use % to change the width. For example, you can use 100% so that the Text Widget spans the full width of the column.
2. "Height" is how tall it will be. Once again, you can adjust the height using %.
3. "Border" is how thick the border will be, should you choose to have one. You can also define the color of the border (eg: "solid red."). If you do not want a border, you can remove this bit of code altogether.
4. "Background-color" is the color of the background. If you want to be more precise about the color you can replace the word "white" with a with a hex value. For example, if you replace use the hex value:#63B8FF you will get a light blue background color.
5. You can add text to the section: "This is where your text goes".
6. When you are done, Click "OK."

I hope this works for you! If you have any more problems, please let us know.

Thank you
Nazlie
Photo of farragio

farragio

• 90 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Thanks! I'll give it a try.