why no updates

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
i think yola should release many more updates considering the price we pay every month the ammount of features we get is pathetic compared to other web builders. why cant yola provide new features now and again? since this time last year there hasnt been any significant new features added so why is this?
Photo of Justin

Justin

• 117 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas, Social Media Coordinator

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi Justin,

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling frustrated but I must disagree with you regarding your statement about there not being any new releases since this time last year.

In this past year we have launched the Yola Online Store, Facebook publishing, and Mobile publishing. We also released an SEO package with Yola Gold which includes Local Boost and Traffic Builder.

We added over 3,000 stock images for premium members with the release of our image library and just two weeks ago we added 19 new styles to the Sitebuilder!

We're currently working to release new drop down menu functionality for some styles and we are always striving to make improvements to the Sitebuilder. Sometimes this means we release features you can't see but often we release things that you can see.

I realize none of this matters to you if the features we're releasing are not in line with the features you want to see, and we are open to your feedback in that regard, but to imply that Yola hasn't released "significant new features" in the past year is simply not accurate.
Photo of Justin

Justin

• 117 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
The features that you release are features that your customers couldn't want less. It would be nice if you could develop some of the features that your customers actually suggest. eg. membership system. I understand that it will take a while but i honestly don't think you are working on it as stated on the forum. The things that your customers want don't seem to matter to you. why would anyone want 3000 stock images when most of the pictures we need are pictures that we can take ourselves. The online store is by ecwid so technically the credit goes to them for the majority of the work so overall yola hasn't achieved much at all. When i say significant features, i mean features that your customers want and so far the features that yola release are not the most wanted features. no matter how much you say 'theres a third party solution' it doesnt matter because people still want a yola feature that will always work with yola not a dodgy third party solution that may one day stop working and leave you in the dirt. i am still a customer of yola because i love the ease of building sites and it just has an amazing feel about it but i just find this lack of big bulky feature releases as unacceptable. i wish i had found webs before yola so that i wouldnt know what i was missing. yola is incredibly sticky and makes me not want to leave i just wish i had found webs first.