If you need support from Yola please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or make use of our live chat service! We are working on a new approach to community-based support and during this transition period we are not adding any new threads to this forum. Many thanks to everyone who has participated over the years and we look forward to unveiling a new peer-to-peer support system soon!
Hi. I'm in the process of building my site. I have run into a few problems. I am looking to sell some of my poetry on my site. I am trying to create links and sub pages for them. I am having a difficult time doing that. Can I add my poetry to my site with a widgetbox?
1. Create the pages you need. When you create the page untick the "show in navigation" box so that these pages won't be automatically added into your main navigation menu.
2. Now that you have your content, you need to link it all up. You can create the links using the text editor widget.
- drag a text widget onto your page and click to edit it.
- Type the text which you want to be the link to the sub-page.
- Highlight the text, and from the text editor tool bar, click the link button (10th from the left next to the image button).
- Click on the "..." button next to "page". It should give you a list of all the pages you have just created.
- Choose the relevant page and click "OK" and you will have a link to this page.
If you didn't untick the "show in navigation" box and would like to take them out of the menu, simply click on "Edit menu" and drag-and-drop the pages you don't want in the menu into the panel on the right hand side. Do the opposite to include them in the menu again.
1. Drag and drop a text widget onto your page.
2. In the text widget type the words that you want people to click on (this is your link text).
3. Highlight the link text and then click on the link button (it's the 10th button from the left in the text editing tool bar, and looks like the link in a chain).
4. A link editor dialogue box will open up and you will be given 4 options. You can link to an email address, an external URL, a page on your own site or a file on your computer.
5. Click on and edit the option appropriate for you.
You will then have a link on your page. To check that your link is working preview your page and then click on the link.