Will Yola disappear?

• Question
  • Updated 10 years ago
  • Answered
What is the longterm viabiliaty of Yola? The site is not ad supported and there is not an obvious business model. If used free sites in the past that have disappeared. Is there a possibility that the sites we've worked hard to create will vanish at some point? Any comment or ideas?
Photo of massagepoohbah

massagepoohbah

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • concerned

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of UK Duke

UK Duke, Champion

• 3321 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
they got given 20 million bucks a while back - i wouldnt worry to much about there business model. I feel Yola is the best of its kind and thats why i host my sites with them. They will out live there competitors i'm sure of that.

They also don't delete old accounts so dont worry about that either.

Lee. Yola Customer - http://hexhaminfo.synthasite.com
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Official Response
Thanks Lee for your supportive comments.

Yola is here to build a business and we are in it for the long haul. We plan to be here for a long time to come and your sites are safe with us.

We feel that our customers would rather not have adverts forced on them, so we have not elected to make our money this way and it is something we never intend to change. Site building and hosting with Yola will always be free of charge. Yola currently makes money from domain sales and we will be adding more premium features in future.

For your peace of mind you can always download your site and keep it as a backup.

I understand your concerns, especially if you have had a bad experience in the past. If there is anything else you would like clarification on, please let us know.
Photo of KanThaiDecor

KanThaiDecor

• 2402 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
There are many ways to make money you may not see....For instance since they have a PayPal widget for those of us with online stores maybe they get a small % from PayPal on every sale.They have also stated that value added services are in the future....Lee that 20 million is great but it was an investment....That means investors expect a return on their money...However in this economic climate getting an investment of a fair amount of money should instill confidence in Yola.Vinny must have a very very impressive business model.
Photo of Diane

Diane

• 90 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Not to mention, I love my job...as do all of us here at Yola! We're sticking around, folks :)

- Diane
Graphic Designer | Yola, Inc.
Photo of KanThaiDecor

KanThaiDecor

• 2402 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
Outwardly happy employees is a big deal....I was a purchasing manager for many years with a few manufacturers....When I was considering spending major amounts of money with a new supplier I would visit their company....I did pay attention to their workers general demeanor....It speaks volumes.