YOLA Sitebuilder just Devoured my web page - ERRORS internally

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Not a Problem
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I have been working on our new site that was recently launched in last 2 weeks today fixing any broken links and SEO.  I got to one of my pages and got the following error message 

All that is left within sitebuilder of my page is the picture and the navigation and this is what it looks like.  Nothing was done to the page except to open it.  I am afraid now to go to any other pages that I need to check as I can't afford to rewrite pages.

http://www.asmallbusinessconsultant.ca/small-business-downloads.php

I can now not republish my site with changes (links) and alt tags on other pages.  I needed to get this done today.

What does this mean and have I lost all of the information on the page and I fear going to any other page ....

it is showing this on the bottom of page now.

Photo of Karen

Karen

• 100 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
  • FRUSTRATED and UPSET

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas, Social Media Coordinator

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi Karen,

We're working on the big release we emailed about over the weekend. I'm optimistic that you'll see your page data return when we're finished but go ahead and refrain from doing anything else for now. I'll let you know when we're finished and you can take a look.
Photo of Karen

Karen

• 100 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
What time frame are we talking about - as I have some link errors and such that are just part of running it through SEO tools and finding them - are we talking hours , a day, a week?
Photo of Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
We're looking at minutes to hours. I also haven't seen any disruption of Sitebuilder service in my accounts so it's possible it's not related but I thought it'd be worth holding off until the release is completed.
Photo of Karen

Karen

• 100 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
It basically hits that page which is using all the same HTML widgets as others too.  It has a javascript form (which exists on other pages ) and the rest is just text and links which is the same as the others.  It was fine a couple of hours ago.  It actually hangs in sitebuilder and give several error messages with codes through top like the one sent.  If you exit the errors which show at the top -it won't let you do anything to the page and it is toast.

I will leave it for now until I hear the release is done and will let you know if still an issue.  Is very bizarre behaviour and it literally hangs my machine when it hits the errors.

Photo of Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
The release is finished Karen, feel free to give it a refresh and let me know if that helps. Check out the updated Sitebuilder while you do! If the problem persists we'll need to dig deeper to see what was going on, looks like it could be some invalid custom code.
Photo of Karen

Karen

• 100 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Hey laura - - it wasn't that at all -  I am in trouble as I can't get off that page at all.  

It is Bottom Line Solutions which is going to asmallbusinessconsultant.ca

the page is small business downloads.

PS.  I like the new layout .
Photo of Karen

Karen

• 100 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
This page has been up for a couple weeks and is the same exact page (code ) as the previous one that ran for years and actually had been on the page earlier today. I has a javascript form which is on other pages that is fine. The code from Ring Central (Ring ME ) which is on every page and links to internal and external pages .  The page worked 30 minutes before and hadn't been changed.  The page is live so you can see it - see above.
Photo of Karen

Karen

• 100 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Laura - very odd - but I closed Yola down again and reopened (2nd time) and now the page loaded - it seemed to be getting hung on something on the loading but is completely back now - so this is now CLOSED.
Photo of Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Glad to hear it Karen, sorry for the scare.