Yola.com experiencing technical difficulty

• Problem
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Solved
Hi all,

You may find that you are unable to reach the home page of yola.com and are also not able to login or access your site builder. This is a temporary glitch and our engineers are fast at work to fix the problem.

This shouldn't take too long and we will keep you updated on this thread. We're very sorry for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience as we work to get things back up and running!

Emmy
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of Jeremy Carr

Jeremy Carr

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
is there any problems again i have a few viewrs that are saying the web site is not loading
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi Jeremy - we had a momentary glitch but everything is good again. Can you ask your viewers to try again and make sure to click on the Refresh button in their browser.
Photo of Kendall

Kendall

• 14 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Emmy,

I really do not like the new update on yola. it feels different. Also, when I add a picture, my yola files do not load. Nothing lets me click anything. I gave it about 10 minutes to load and I got nothing.
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello Kendall
Emmy is currently offline. I hope you don't mind me stepping in on her behalf.

I'm sorry to hear that you're not liking the new update. I know I always find it a bit of an adjustment when changing to something new. I hope that over time, you will become just as familiar with this set up as you were with the old one and that you will once again appreciate how Yola works. We are always trying to improve and if there is something in particular that you feel is missing or needs improvement, we'd welcome the feedback. :)

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with uploading your files. Can you please try clearing the cache in your browser to see if this makes any difference? Here's a link with information on how to do this: http://www.google.com/support/account...

Also, you may want to try using a different browser to see if this yields any positive results for you.

Please let us know how this goes.
Photo of Jean-Marie

Jean-Marie

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I just paid 5 years subscription and what now ? I cannot do anything. I do not even start, anywhere I click there is anupgrade quest for 19.99. Ridiculous!!!
Photo of Jean-Marie

Jean-Marie

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I was trying the free temporary . When I started , you want me to pay foe the same webb chosen. It is me, the same person . It is available.
Photo of Jean-Marie

Jean-Marie

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
How long do I have to get my money back if I cannot get satisfaction ?
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello Jean-Marie

I'm sorry to hear that you're frustrated. I'd like to help you if I can. If you have bought a domain name and would like to use it with your site, please follow these instructions:

To publish your site, click on the big yellow "Publish My Site" button at the top of the page. You can publish your site using a domain name that you already own. Click on "I already own my domain name" and follow the steps until your site is published.

For a step by step video on how to publish your site to a professional and standard domain, please see: Publishing to professional and standard domain or to publish to a domain you already own, please see: Publish to an external domain.

Please let know if you still have trouble with this or if I have misunderstood. If so, please could you share with us your domain name and we can take a lok at what's going on. Also feel free to email us at support@yola.com.
Photo of irishshogun

irishshogun

• 33 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi,

My site says its published but when I go to the adddress there is no site there, can you see what the problem is? I've been at it for a couple of days to no avail, www.darkside.ie
Thanks,

PAul
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hello irishshogun,

I'm sorry you have been having this problem. When I got to your domain name darkside.ie this is what I see:

Can you give me a screen shot of what you are seeing if not that.

Thanks,
Emmy
Photo of papa

papa

• 327 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
I just tried this with the www. and without and only receive a blank page

papa
Photo of irishshogun

irishshogun

• 33 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Emmy,

Its loading!! I'm happy but baffled, I did nothing since our last text, its a christmas miracle HA! Ha! Thanks for you help none the less and as a VERY happy customer I feel your service is exceptional and have no hesitation in recommending your company.

Happy New Year,

Paul
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Wonderful Paul, I am so glad to hear it is working for you. Please let me know if you have any further troubles :-)
Photo of karen jones

karen jones

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
www.karensilk flowers.com
am in the u.k england. I cant get my web page up and am baffled as to why
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello karen jones

I am able to see your site here: http://www.karensilkflowers.com. I've attached a screenshot to show you what I see. Can you please confirm if this is your site?

I notice that you have some images on your website that appear to have large file sizes. Web friendly images should between 20 and 100KB each, depending on how many you have on a page. You can see the file size displayed below the preview of the image in your file manager.

Large images can cause delays in opening, saving, previewing, publishing and viewing your site. This will be a source of frustration to you, and your site visitors. This is how to fix that problem:

1. click on the "File Manager" button
2. click on the picture you wish to edit and then on the 'Edit Image', you will go through to the photo editing site, Picnik.com
3. once in Picnik, click on 'Resize' (make sure the 'keep proportions' button is selected)
4. change the size to something smaller
5. click on ok and then "Save to Yola"

If the picture is too big to load with Picnik, you can change the file size on your PC and re-upload using the File Manager. If you have access to image editing software such as Photoshop, you can use their "save for web" function and this will automatically optimize your images and save them in a web friendly format. You can also use this Image Compression Tool which will allow you to upload your image, compress it and then download the smaller file.

We have an excellent tutorial which is an overview of creating Internet savvy images including information on issues such as screen resolution, image file formats and dpi vs. pixels, here is a link: Images & More Tutorial.

Please let me know if you still have trouble with getting your published site to load up.
Photo of karen jones

karen jones

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
thank you very much for your previous help and support,
Photo of karen jones

karen jones

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
how do I know when anyone has it my web page x
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi Karen - are you looking for information on how to know whether anyone has visited your site? We recommend Google Analytics for detail on the traffic on your site: http://www.yola.com/customer-support/...
Photo of Tanya E. Partin Lawton

Tanya E. Partin Lawton

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you very much.
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas, Social Media Coordinator

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi Tanya, this is an old thread, but our engineers are investigating why Yola.com is not currently loading. Your published website is not affected and we hope to have this resolved promptly. Please follow this thread for updates.