Yola Custom Panels on IE

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Solved
Yola Custom Panels error

Hello,
I have noticed on pages with more than 26 custom panels, only the first 25 panels will appear on Internet Explorer. The problem does not occur on Chrome or Firefox.

Edmund
Photo of satidents

satidents

• 78 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello skyidents

When I search through the website of the Yola account associated with the e-mail address you use for our forum, I can't find a page with more than 25 Custom Panels on it.

Can you please post me a link with the page in question? If it's not online yet, you will need to let me know a domain name of the account and the name of the website as well as of the particular page, so that I'll be able to check the error you're reporting. Thanks.
Photo of satidents

satidents

• 78 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello skyidents

Thanks for the link. I've checked it in Internet Explorer (IE) 10 and compared it to Firefox 23, but as far as I can see, all your Custom Panels display for me in IE.

What version of IE are you using? Have you enabled Compatibility Mode? Yola doesn't support Compatibility Mode and IE versions lower than 8.
Photo of Eyes Half Closed

Eyes Half Closed

• 62 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
Hey skyidents,

I had this exact same problem about a year ago, with a limit to 25 custom panels displaying in IE. However in IE10, which I'm currently on, it looks like I can see them all. Might be due to lack of compatibility with older versions of IE.

First you can check if it's specific to certain versions using a service such as Browser Shots which can give you screenshots of your site from a wide variety of browsers and versions.

I ended up changing my site to use less than 25 custom panels, but if this isn't possible, and the problem is only aesthetic, you could use IE specific code to let users know that some elements will display incorrectly. Place this in a HTML custom widget near the top of your page;

<!--[if IE]>
Some elements of this site will display incorrectly in the Internet Explorer web browser. Please use Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome to view this page as intended.
<![endif]-->
Photo of satidents

satidents

• 78 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Hi Stefan

Thanks for your response,

Here is a screen shot of the missing custom panel sent to me by one of my visitors http://up.metropol247.co.uk/Andrew%20... (there is meant to be a black panel behind the images)

I am using IE9 Version 9.0.8112.16421 and also have missing panels.

Regards
Edmund

---

Hi Eyes Half Closed

Thank You for the code,

I will use the code unit this issue is resolved.

Regards
Edmund
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hi Edmund

Thank you for following up with this issue. I've brought it to our engineers' attention, who already have an idea what could be causing the problem. They'll look into it as soon as possible. I will keep you updated on this thread. Thank you for your patience and sorry for any inconvenience.
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Edmund

Very late, but following up on this thread to let you know that the error has been fixed!