Yola is infected with a virus

• Problem
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Not a Problem
My Yola site http://www.ddcrochet.com is infected with a virus according to my virus software. Whenever I pull up my site to either work on it or send a customer to it, I software is blocking: http://trending-fun-today.com/script.js

Please fix this issue or tell me how to remove it from my site. Thanks!
Photo of dsrtdmnd

dsrtdmnd

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • concerned

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of dsrtdmnd

dsrtdmnd

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Actually it isn't just my site. Any yola page I go to creates this blocked URL from my virus software.
Photo of Ben

Ben

• 71 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
Chill out, your website is clean as the rest of Yola.

Yours and particular client of yours systems might hold the problem undercover. These have to be scanned thoroughly. Check on your antivirus properties set as well.
Photo of dsrtdmnd

dsrtdmnd

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I hope you are not a Yola employee telling me to chill out.

How do you mean "client of yours systems"? I don't have any "client" systems.

Every time I visit Yola or my yola website, my antivirus software blocks this url which is coming from yola. This has recently begun over the last couple days. I need to know how to fix this issue and no... it is not my antivirus software settings.

Something else is going on.
Photo of Ben

Ben

• 71 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
No, I ain't no Yola employee and I do not represent them in no way. I'm ordinary Yola user as you are. That's why I'm being unceremonious, my apologies for that.

In my opinion, the problem lies within your system and your particular customers systems, those who are experiencing the same issue. In that case Yola has nothing to do with it and won't help you, unfortunately. You ought to ask your local IT support for assistance.

Nevertheless, let's wait for Yola Support to respond here.
Photo of dsrtdmnd

dsrtdmnd

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Sir, I will wait for a Yola employee to assist me. Even this page is being blocked for that URL. It is something in Yola's code that is doing it (I think).

I am my IT support and I have spent 2 days making sure it wasn't my system. I never said my customers were having this problem.

If you are not a Yola employee or an individual with an educated solution, please don't waste my time. I am an IT professional and I don't ask for help unless I need it. My virus software RARELY blocks sites so when it does, I investigate thoroughly.

Sometimes hosting companies will "rent space" from other websites to host scripts and files and such. If that is the case, then fine I need Yola to tell me that so I can tell my software to stop blocking it. I have a hard time believing that any parts of my website would be hosted on another site but it happens and I need Yola's assistance with that.
Photo of Ben

Ben

• 71 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
Very well, ma'am. Just I own IT company myself, where all our computers globally with all the imaginable systems and browsers in the world easily load up and thumb through your website with no flaws whatsoever.

I wish Yola will help you, but as IT pro you must be aware of the troubleshooting procedure, where your part is to provide the support team with screenshot at least, not to mention detailed action description which triggers the error message, and content of error message itself, along with accurate details of your system - name and version of all the software involved including antivirus.

I hope, it make sense.
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Hello dsrtdmnd,

I am also getting an alarm with the script link you gave. It seems to be the site: trending-fun-today.com is the problem which doesn't seem to be a yola site.

I'm not seeing the warning or alert on your site or other yola built websites.

Have you now resolved this issue Rebecca?
Photo of dsrtdmnd

dsrtdmnd

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Gop --- The issue is still there. I get the alarm anytime I visit any of the yola pages and refresh the page. For example, when I add an item to my online store and then refresh the page to see it live I get the alarm. When I hit the site initially no alarm. Only when I refresh the pages. Even this page generates the alarm.

Ben -- please let yola handle this. and to humor you, here is the screenshot. I have a hard time believing you with your customer service interaction that you own any type of business let alone IT. Not saying you don't, you just don't have a strong argument with your previous posts to support such a claim. A global business has nothing to do with the issues I am experiencing.

Yola -- please respond and tell me why I am getting this alarm. It is getting extremely annoying. .

Photo of dsrtdmnd

dsrtdmnd

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Here is the screenshot from this page
Photo of dsrtdmnd

dsrtdmnd

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Here is the screenshot from my Live site.

Do I need to go on Ben?
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Hi Rebecca,

I'm not Yola either and if you notice this is a community forum.

Ben has given you his opinion and fair enough it is not something you agree with but don't berate the offer of support. He did it in good faith and he is a very open, knowledgeable and generous person as I have seen many times on this forum.

If you want exclusive support from Yola then please send an email to support@yola.com and don't use this forum as any Yola user is welcome for their opinion and offer of support here and it works well..
Photo of Ben

Ben

• 71 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
Cheers Gop! I owe ya a pint, pal.
Photo of dsrtdmnd

dsrtdmnd

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you Gop. I would not have gotten upset with Ben had his initial response not included "chill out". That was rude and very unprofessional and he has offered zero constructive help on this matter.

I contacted Yola Support and they sent me here. I have been a Yola customer for quite some time and this is the first issue I have ever had with them. I will try that e-mail again.

Thank you
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Hi Rebecca,

I would try contacting Avast on this issue. They have good but not so fast, customer support and likely to have an answer for you on this issue.

I would also try clearing your browser cache for this issue as well. It may be bound up in there somehow?
Photo of dsrtdmnd

dsrtdmnd

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have done the whole virus thing. To include de-installing the browser and re-installing it.

I am a system administrator by day and run my business by night and weekend. I have gone through all the normal site troubleshooting that I have in my knowledge bank. Now it is time to contact outside help.

I have run 3 virus scans from different software and I have also run a full Malwarybytes scan. All came up with nothing infected so I am sure it is just avast being overly picky which is a good thing but it so rarely blocks stuff that when it does it concerns me.

Chances are like I told Ben.... Yola is just using that site to load share data. When I first started doing webdesign 12 years ago... I would sign up for all these "free" hosting sites. I created my main page through my ISP and then with all the "free" sites, I would load all my files and link them back to my ISP main page. This allowed me to have a free website without having to pay for hosting services. I am sure Yola is just doing something similar but Avast doesn't like it.
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Official Response
Sorry we're so late to this thread. I am a Yola employee but I just want to echo what Gop said above. When you make use of a public forum you are posing your question or concern to the entire Yola community. Many of our members generously volunteer their time to help other members and we ask that everyone be respectful of this. Should you wish to only receive support from a Yola employee you should make use of our direct support here.

Regarding your problem, we agree with Ben and Gop that it sounds very much like a third party application or something you have installed on your computer that is interfering with the Sitebuilder.

Your suggestion that we are piggy-backing off another service which is causing this message is not correct. We do not use other services to host Yola websites—whether they are free or not.

I will be happy to bring this thread to the attention of our engineers but I am doubtful that they will have anything further to add.
Photo of Jen

Jen

• 206 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
With further investigation, this issue appears to be a malware issue that is affecting Firefox.

Avast may be able to confirm whether the script is malicious or if their software is throwing a false positive. If you are seeing this issue, you may want to run a malware check on your computer, or you could try a system restore to a point where you did not see the alert.

You can find more information about this malware and how to remove it on these forums:

Mozilla Firefox

Yahoo Answers

The issue has also been posted on the Avast forums, so you may want to follow this thread:

Avast Forums

I hope that helps!
Photo of Ben

Ben

• 71 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
Well, somebody owes me one, I guess.