Yola logins disabled for Maintenance

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Outdated.

Hi All

I am sorry to inform you that we have just become aware of a bug that requires urgent attention.

We are disabling logins so that we can find and fix the problem. I sincerely apologize to anyone who was hoping to edit their sites now. We will try to have this resolved as soon as we can, and of course we will keep you informed of all developments on this thread.

If you are currently in the site builder, please save and exit.
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of Sal

Sal

• 34 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Good things are always worth waiting for. Yola need us to be patient while they sort this problem. Good luck guys! ( and gals ).
Photo of BNA

BNA

• 29 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Soft drink for a desolator! lol, its very dangerous!
Photo of Angie Bruce

Angie Bruce

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Which Monday morning will the website be up and running?
Photo of BNA

BNA

• 29 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
lolzzzzzzzzzz
Photo of dj jammin

dj jammin

• 13 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
good morning yola site goers....i brought coffee ...
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello everyone

We want to let you all know that Monique is busy working on drafting a new update report so that we can keep you informed as to what is happening with this bug.

Please keep your eyes on the company's latest update to find out more information. We thank you all again for your continued patience and support. We really do appreciate it.
Photo of Lee

Lee

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'll take cream in my coffee!! Thanks :) Looking forward to YOLA being up and running! I have a lot of Legionnaires waiting for the final product (website) :)

LEE313
Photo of smithy

smithy

• 1222 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
how loong will it be??
Photo of BNA

BNA

• 29 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
New hard and not soft drink! for a desolator too,,,
Photo of BNA

BNA

• 29 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I wish that yola comes bak to work! =)
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hey everyone,

For the latest update on a new thread, please click on this link: http://forum.yola.com/yola/topics/yol...
Photo of Deke Moffitt

Deke Moffitt

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Monique, I'm relatively new to your site and at this point I have gone the "free" route to see if it is a viable thing for me to do. My original main intent is to provide a site where I can keep my Sunday school class informed as to activities, encouraging messages (devotionals), and some humor. I cannot begin to complain about your being off line as I really appreciate the options afforded me. I must confess though, I'm having trouble figuring out how the "blog" works so that individuals accessing the site can leave messages. I've read through the directions, which seem clear until I begin working with it. I've registered with IntenseDebate and followed their instructions. It's when I come back to Yola to past the HTML code that I get confused. Your directions say to drag in an HTML widget, but when I create a Blog page, I don't see an HTML widget like I do for a non-blog page. I'm sure in time it will make sense, but I can't continue until it's back on line. It is no problem though, patience is a virtue not easy had by many. Thanks for your efforts.
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello Deke

Once we are back online, are you wanting to add a comment where a person leave a reply to your blog post or are you wanting a general area where people can just leave comments?

If you're wanting to have a commenting platform specifically for your blog, you will need to go to your blog manager, click on Settings and paste your HTML code there. Please note that you will not be able to view the comments until you click on the blog title.

If you're simply wanting to add a commenting platform generally on the webpage, then go to "Content" on the right hand side, and you'll see an HTML widget for you to drag over and then paste your code in there.

Please let me know if you have further questions regarding this and I'd be happy to assist.
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Hi Deke! Wow - what an unfortunate time for you to start using Yola! I am so sorry that you are experiencing this outage early on in your site building experience! Bless you for being so generous and forgiving under the circumstances! As soon as we are back online, post to this forum or send and email to "support@yola.com" and we will help you get your comments system working for your blog.
Photo of Deke Moffitt

Deke Moffitt

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks Monique, I'll just wait until I can try to tackle the problem again. I'm a novice so you may have to "hold my hand" a bit until I can grasp what is going on. Everyone's instructions seems so clear until I actually "come to bat and try to swing." As an example: I don't see an HTML widget when I create a Blog page. The code that I want to paste into the HTML widget is:

The HTML widget on the right only shows up on a new "text page" not a new Blog page.

Also, I'm not sure if I have used the correct Yola address information so that Intense Debate can make to proper access to my site.

Thanks, Deke
Photo of Roy Mackey

Roy Mackey

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Just so you know I am not really hooked on Yola. Mind you the last ten hours of pushing the refresh button every ten seconds while on the Yola site was getting a little hard on my finger. At least I can now go eat! Glad you are back!!! YAHOO!! Thanks a Ton!!! Cheers to all your hardworking repair crew!!!!! www.burningiron.com
Photo of Deke Moffitt

Deke Moffitt

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Monique:
So glad Yola's back up and running. After thinking about my problem with adding a section for "comment" by readers of my site, I was able to get it to work when Yola came back on line. Thank you so much for your help and for being there to help me work through it. It was a very simple fix once I realized that the page I needed to add was a "Web" page and not the "Blog" page.

Thanks again,
Deke
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Excellent! By the way, if you are editing a blog page, click the blue "back" button in the content sidebar and you will get access to all the other site building widgets. This way you can insert an HTML widget on your blogpage as well. I had a look at your site and posted a comment. It looks great!
Photo of Helmut Steinebrunner

Helmut Steinebrunner

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am posting the problem that I have right now in March 18, 2013 and I am getting an answer for my problem from 2008 what kind of outfit is this. I do not network solutions' is bad but working with Yola turns out to putting a dinosaur together
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas, Social Media Coordinator

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
If you are having a current issue, please do create a new topic and we'll be happy to assist you.