Yola logins disabled for maintenance - 29 December 09

• Problem
  • Updated 9 years ago
  • Solved
Hi everyone!

Yola logins will be disabled for some time later today at 4.30am PST (12.30 UTC) for maintenance. We anticipate that you will not be able to login and edit your site until 8am PST.

I will post back here when logins are disabled, and then when they are re-enabled.

Here's a link to the World Clock if you'd like to find your local time: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/.

Thanks for your patience while we do this!

Marije
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes

Posted 9 years ago

Photo of papa

papa

• 327 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
Hi All

All site that I have added my own background to and/or javascript not work right.

No javascript and /or backgrounds at this time.

Here's a thought

"You Can Plan For The Future But You Can't Predict The Outcome"

Yola may be not be quite right however I choose to use this time to think how grateful that I'm for Yola.

Look at all they do for us.

Free Web Sites

Free Sub Domain Name

Free Hosting

Free Templates

Yola Pro For Those Who Choose To Use It. (Paid Service)

Your Own Domain Name That Yola Will Help You Get (Paid Service)

A Great Forum for answer our questions, finding solutions for our site related problems

Good & Great People who plan for Yola smooth operations

'The Road Of Life Is Always Under Construction"

Yola is under construction and we have a small detour. When Yola Come Back I Believe I'll Have A Smoother Ride.

Hit a BUMP

Isn't it all wonderful that we have such hardworking people at Yola that take the time to plan and keep us with such a great inform of improvement to make our sites better.

Papa
Photo of bradley bryan

bradley bryan

• 19 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
True Thanks Yola
Photo of John McCarthy

John McCarthy

• 1292 Posts
  • 99 Reply Likes
papa that is so true
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hey everyone - our engineers are frantically looking and trying to solve the problem. Please bear with us, we will come back to you as soon as we have any news.
Photo of Techjar

Techjar

• 122 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I made a topic on the issues everyone is having: http://forum.yola.com/yola/topics/ima...
Photo of Paul Cooke

Paul Cooke

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
My images are back
Photo of mike

mike

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Got no issues with my site being down (or temporarily not displaying images).
One thing that would be nice for future tech updates is a notice via email that something big will be going down. That way folks who are tied to their website can anticipate a potential outage without being unpleasantly surprised. Just sayin...
Photo of Zaylin

Zaylin

• 14 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Stop sending me these eamil give me your email address so Marij STOP
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Your images should be displaying again - please be sure to click on the Refresh button or clear your browser's cache http://www.google.com/support/account... if you don't see them immediately.

Apologies again.
Photo of Flint Einstein

Flint Einstein

• 43 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Marije,

we will wait.
your engineers can take their time.
you guys are so nice.

for users:
all users please cool down and let them do their work.
i believe if we stop shouting to them for some time they will get some time to work with problems that we are having.

thank you
Flint Einstein
Photo of bradley bryan

bradley bryan

• 19 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
so images are back
Photo of Connor McCarra

Connor McCarra, Champion

• 944 Posts
  • 47 Reply Likes
Problems have been fixed, Thank You Yola.
Photo of adam

adam

• 100 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
wat was the feature release
Photo of Rian

Rian

• 42 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hey guys, me again.

If you missed my earlier post, I am the Product Manager on this release. I completely understand your frustrations with the prolonged downtime, and I'd like to apologize again for it.

As I mentioned earlier, we upgraded all our payment screens today, and also made some back-end changes to optimize the technology we use to process payments. This took longer than expected because we wanted to make sure that every screen works as it should. Once we went back live we discovered an issue in the site builder, and our engineers worked very quickly to fix that, so all should be working again now.

I also wanted to respond to a couple of the frustrations on this thread. As most of you know, we take our users very seriously so your feedback doesn't fall on deaf ears. In terms of the timing of releases, we are a global company so there really isn't nighttime for us :) We started working on this release at 6:00am US West Coast time, and many of our engineers and support team in South Africa is still online now to help, and it's coming up on 10pm there.

I'm not saying this to complain about our lack of sleep! We work at Yola because we love the product and we take our responsibility to you -- our community -- very seriously. I just wanted to give you a little sense of the timing so you can understand we're not just sitting out here doing nothing :)

Anyway, that said, all is well again in Yola-land. I want to continue hearing your feedback, because we all want to make Yola better. If you get a chance to check out the new payment screens, let us know what you think! I think it's about time for a new domain, don't you?

Rian
Photo of Leojin

Leojin

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I was a little worried but thank God everything's intact...no scratch, no dents.
You guys are OWWWWWWWWWsome opppps.... should have spelled AWESOME and yes I'm kind 'a loud because I'm happy.

Yipeeyyy hurray Yola Land is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.

Thank you so much. Hat's off and bending down.

Leojin

http://forum.yola.com/yola/topics/yol...#
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas, Social Media Coordinator

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Thanks for your support and your patience Leojin!
Photo of Flint Einstein

Flint Einstein

• 43 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
hello,

again i am getting errors on the site builder page.
waiting for suggestion.

thank you.
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hi Flint,
Can you tell us what errors you are receiving in the Site Builder? Have you tried closing out of the Site Builder and clearing your browser's cache? Here is some more info on how to do this: Clear browser cache. Also, have you tried using another browser such as Firefox. Please let me know if this helps at all, if it doesn't we just need more information about the error you are receiving.

Thanks,
Emmy
Photo of Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi Flint, can you please tell me more about the problems you're experiencing in the site builder so we can look into it?
Photo of Zaylin

Zaylin

• 14 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I said To stop i dont know them so keep them off my email
Photo of Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
You are getting notifications from Get Satisfaction because you commented in this thread. You can elect to stop following this thread by clicking on the "Stop following it" link at the top of the page and then you will not receive email notifications on this topic anymore.
Photo of lambofgod

lambofgod

• 875 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes
Oh boy I missed a lot today. Glad everything went smoothly (or I hope it did) and everything else with the update. Quick question though, was the little bug with the .js, .css, .htm, etc get fixed? Or still looking into it?
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello lambofgod

I just noticed now that my comment didn't get posted.. My apologies for the delay. We did have some bumps in the road but our super engineers were there to smooth the road. :)

The little bug that you speak is still being looked at. I'm sorry that this is not being resolved quickly. We appreciate your continued patience as we continue to work on this. I'll try to find out more information and let you know what's going on. It may take a little time as some people are on holidays. :)
Photo of Mandi Neill

Mandi Neill

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for the post. That makes me feel better. I am brand new and I was freaking out because Yola didn;t recognize me! I feel a lot better now. I hope everyone out there in Yola-land has a happy and safe holiday and plz let me know when things are up and running.
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hello Mandi,
I'm sorry you are having this problem. Are you currently having trouble logging into your account and did you just create the account? We are not having downtime right now so I would like to get your problem worked out.

Thanks,
Emmy