Yola Logins Disabled for Maintenance: Update

• Problem
  • Updated 9 years ago
  • Solved
First of all I want to say a huge thank you to every one who has been so supportive and patient with us up till now. Yola recognizes that the lengthy, unexpected interruption of access to the site builder has been a significant inconvenience to many of you. To those of you who have been patient with us, in spite of this, we thank you. For those of you who have expressed anger and frustration - we fully understand and can only offer our deep regret.

When we first became aware of this problem we were asked to estimate how long access to accounts would be down for. We set an expectation of "Monday, start of business PDT or sometime between 4 and 5PM, GMT. " We have now reached that time. I had hoped to be in a position to give you good news, but I am afraid I have to inform you that we need more time. Our best estimate at this point is Monday evening PDT, although we will finish sooner if we possibly can.

Many of you have requested concrete information about what is going on. We have tried to provide that to the best of our ability. Here is a summary of what we know:

1) This problem was caused by a bug (an error in our code). We made some recent changes and one of these changes had an unanticipated effect on some of our customers' sites.
2) The symptom of the problem was that when customers opened their sites to edit them, they simply saw an error message informing them that there was a problem opening the page and they were unable to edit. This affected a small percentage of our customers' sites, but the longer we allowed people to log in and edit, the more people could potentially have been affected. It is possible that your site is one of these with the error, or if you had been in a position to edit your site today you might have encountered the error.
3) This bug is taking a long time to fix, because it affects individual sites, not simply an aspect of functionality in the site builder. Scripts need to be run to fix the error, and we have to wait for these actions to complete. We can only guess how long it will take by watching the progress, and it is now clear that more time is needed.

This thread now becomes our latest update on the situation and we will add to it as further information becomes available. We are doing all we can to correct the problem caused by our error, and prevent it from happening in future.
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
  • very very sorry, and wish there was something more I could say. . .

Posted 9 years ago

Photo of Joy

Joy

• 19 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
OK - we're back; now we can all get to work again.

What about the donation facility idea? From long ago I have wanted to be able to make some financial contribution, even just as a gesture of gratitude.

All best wishes

Joy

Perhaps we could make a contribution to a suitable good cause?
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Thanks Joy! You have always had faith in us. It is so gratifying to hear from one of our most awesome customers, who has been with us almost from the beginning and is still going strong! That alone is a great validation of our business model. We will think about the donation button, but if we decide not to implement it, just know that we really appreciate the thought!
Photo of money maker

money maker

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Woo WE DID IT YOLA IS FIXED

THANK YOU YOLA TEEM