Yola no longer pulling my new pictures uploaded on Flickr

• Problem
  • Updated 8 years ago
I'm going nuts here. I hope this is not me. I've never had this issue before. I use flickr to host my pictures. I use the flickr widget on Yola Site to display my pictures. I've been uploading pictures to Flickr every now and then and Yola would pull them and display on my yola site. No problems. But this morning I uploaded more pictures on flickr and it would not display on my Yola site. I thought maybe it takes a few minutes. But now it's been almost 8 hours. I've tried everything. My tags are correct. Everything is fine. If I put no tags in Yola Search.. all the pictures from Flickr gets pulled which means.. there is a tag problem. But I don't want to display all the pictures in one spot. I have different album on flickr and I use different page on yola site to display them. Please help me as my business is getting affected by it. My flickr account is http://www.flickr.com/photos/nj-photo... and my Yola website is http://discountphotography.yolasite.com/ All the tags are correct but it's not pulling the new pictures I uploaded on flickr.
Photo of JerseyDiscountPhotography

JerseyDiscountPhotography

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 8 years ago

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm going nuts here. I hope this is not me. I've never had this issue before. I use flickr to host my pictures. I use the flickr widget on Yola Site to display my pictures. I've been uploading pictures to Flickr every now and then and Yola would pull them and display on my yola site. No problems. But this morning I uploaded more pictures on flickr and it would not display on my Yola site. I thought maybe it takes a few minutes. But now it's been almost 8 hours. I've tried everything. My tags are correct. Everything is fine. If I put no tags in Yola Search.. all the pictures from Flickr gets pulled which means.. there is a tag problem. But I don't want to display all the pictures in one spot. I have different album on flickr and I use different page on yola site to display them. Please help me as my business is getting affected by it. My flickr account is http://www.flickr.com/photos/nj-photo... and my Yola website is http://discountphotography.yolasite.com/ All the tags are correct but it's not pulling the new pictures I uploaded on flickr.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Yola no longer pulling my new pictures uploaded on Flickr.
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello theimagestudio360

First of all, I just want to say that your photographs are gorgeous!! You are very talented! I am sorry to hear that you're having this trouble with Flickr. I have just tried on my site and was able to pull up my pictures.

I wonder if there is too many for you to display? Currently, you can only stream 30 photos. If you are under the 30 photos limit, then you may also to make sure that you have included the number of photos that need to come up.

If this still does not resolve the problem, I suggest contacting Flickr and see if they have any ideas about why this may be happening.

I wish you luck and hope this is resolved swiftly.
Photo of KanThaiDecor

KanThaiDecor

• 2402 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
I don't use tags for my flickr photos.....I use title for search in the widget... as each photo has a unique file name it always picks up exactly what I want....I also will use more than one widget on a web page.
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Oh fantastic suggestion John! Thanks for this tip!

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you Sanja and John so much for replying. I really appreciate it. After almost 24 hours, only one picture was pulled in the portraits album. Now I have removed all the tags from the the new pictures I uploaded and when I return from school, I'll play with new tags maybe.

Eventually, I would have to use more than 1 widget as well but my picture album never got to that point. It's not pulling anything over 18 pictures.

How do you use title for search in the widget? Meaning.. if you have 28 pictures, you have to use 28 new widgets and use title of the picture in search?

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I give up. I deleted tags, added new tags but nothing is working. When I put no tags on yola at all and hit search it pulls ALL the pictures I have. That means.. it is working. But I have different albums and I'm putting different tags for different albums, that's when it doesn't pull the newer pictures I uploaded. I'm lost because it was working in the past perfecly. I upload pictures, yola pulls them.. everything is good.

I am willing to share my flickr and yola password with an employee if they can figure this out. I haven't posted my company's add in 2 days because the site is giving me problems. Please, advise.

I don't have any private settings on
All the pics are public
Using the right tag to pull the pics
Using my e-mail as well.

It's all pulling all the pics uploaded on flickr in the past It's just not pulling what I uploaded 2 days ago.
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas, Social Media Coordinator

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Don't give up! I was actually able to reproduce this on my account as well and we are looking into the cause of the problem. We'll report back here as soon as we have an update.

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you for your help. I just wanted to give you an update. 15 minutes ago the pictures I had uploaded 2 days ago were pulled by Yola. I didn't change anything. It just happened.

Today I uploaded 2 more pictures. Those are not pulling. Same thing, it I put no tags in yola and hit search, it pulls all the pictures, including the ones I uploaded today. I am not complaining, but thinking, maybe it could take up to 2 days for the pictures to pull? I don't know. I'm not a Tech Guy. But I do appreciate everyone's help.

Thank you!
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hi there! Thanks so much for updating us on the status of your images. I have let the engineers know this development and they are looking into why this might be happening. Thanks so much for your patience while we work on this.

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you guys!

Just wanted to give you the latest update. Not sure if that would help. The 2 pictures I uploaded yesterday are now coming up in yola's search. This happened about 10 hours ago but it never published on the actual website. I've saved it and published it on web multiple times to make sure but it won't appear on the real website.

This is happening for "portraits" album.

I'm sorry, if I'm being a pain.
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
We're still looking into this, thanks again for the update! We're hoping to have this worked out soon.