Yola on the iPad

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Hi,
I am purchasing an iPad later this year and I was wondering is the Yola site builder ever going to be compatible?

Thanks
John Mc
Photo of John McCarthy

John McCarthy

• 1292 Posts
  • 99 Reply Likes
  • happy

Posted 9 years ago

Photo of Dennis Waldrop

Dennis Waldrop

• 84 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I tried to make changes on my website while using my Tablet but it would not allow me to update my site. Is Yola not set up to work with Android Tablets? I have an ASUS Transformer

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Issues with updating my website using a Tablet.
Photo of Cedric Buffler

Cedric Buffler

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Why can't i edit my site using widgets, on my iPad?.
Photo of Mary Devine

Mary Devine

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi why cant I update my web page on my I pad it's letting me see the widgets when I try to to bring the text widget down the whole page moves please help as I urgently need to update my site

Problems updating my web page.
Photo of Kent Secsol

Kent Secsol

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Any news on an iPad friendly version yet?
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Did you read the_pete's official response above?
Photo of Onenation Undergodsports

Onenation Undergodsports

• 7 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Help I can't upload or embred things on iPad. I do have yola silver. Please help
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Please read the report above by the_pete.

This currently is not under development for iOS based devices and currently is not offered.

Onenation Undergodsports

• 7 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
That's why I paid $10 is it an iPad issue.
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Yes. It's the OS system of Apple for their tablet/phone devices that is different to the systems being managed by Yola. Currently the Yola system in the sitebuilder is not able to work with the various OS systems of these tablets etc.

Onenation Undergodsports

• 7 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Will it be fixed soon???
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
It's not actually an issue; Yola currently doesn't work on mobile devices. There is lots and lots of work (and it costs a lot of money) involved in making an iPad app. And it's even harder to make an Android app because of all of the different devices and screen resolutions and stuff. If you read the reply by the_pete above he explains it.
Photo of Ben Cusick

Ben Cusick

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
hey, i've read the comments, just wondering if it's yet possible, i get that money is an issue, but if it ever becomes possible, please do it. I would love to be able to update my websites on the go like i can with wordpress.

Keep up the good work guys
Photo of thegiantpandaresearchteam

thegiantpandaresearchteam

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Get puffin for iPad and it works just type the link in
Photo of Seaview Flowers

Seaview Flowers

• 99 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Is this still an ongoing problem?

It would be so much easier with an APP or an alternative browser that's guaranteed to work?

Anyone recommend the best one....?
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Hi Seaview Flowers,

Unfortunately it's not too easy and I think that the Yola people would love to be able to dedicate time and resource for this but are wisely biding their time/resources for the moment.

The operating system is so different and as Pete said would require a large development to get it working. The iOS platform is changing all the time, sometimes quite significantly. You can see the frequency of updates to both the OS and the Apps, so it means they would need to have a whole group ready to jump on to the system and bring it into line possibly quite frequently.

Secondly it's only one of the tablet operating systems, so to do this it would be like building additional Yolas for each operating system. Apple now no longer have the lion's share of the tablets and there are three others rated as equally good. 2 have different systems and there's a new tablet with a modified OS coming out regularly from China at a fraction of the price, equally good in function, (terrible in battery life and very vanilla screen definitions but really biting into the market). Already the ultralight laptops are being recognised by the upwardly and physically mobile web-builders and the prediction of a hands down reversal of PC's vs mobile devices for mobile computing is being reviewed

Did you have a look at Puffin for iPad mentioned in the preceding post? That may help you along?
Photo of NM

NM

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
It was originally made under Synthesite on my iMac. I am now using OSX 10.8.3
And a magic pad not a mouse on the iMac.

Can I edit my site on my iPad?.
Photo of performancetraining24

performancetraining24

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
It would be great if Yola offered basic functionality on the go using tablets, smartphones, etc. HTML , Text, and Picture capabilities would be fantastic! I have read thru the previous threads on this topic. I understand it would take some work and the technology is very dynamic and always changing. However, I think this is a part of the market you (Yola) could corner by offering this ability. Start small - allow the three functions I mentioned above. And, don't build it for Safari - build for Chrome or whatever is easiest. IPad users can easily download the chrome app, etc.

Bottom line, updating my website on the go would be huge. Like right now - sitting in an airport. Wanting to work /update my site... And, I travel with a tablet. Like just about everyone else these days. Laptop's are thing of the past....

I hope your team seriously considers developing this ability.

Thanks!
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas, Social Media Coordinator

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Thanks for sharing that, we fully understand where you are coming from and will update this thread when we are able to add new information.
Photo of Bike Talk

Bike Talk

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Could you change the builder settings so that the widgets can be added with a button already in place on the layouts so ipad use could be possable?
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas, Social Media Coordinator

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
When a mobile device application is developed we will need to consider many different ways to use our tool on a smaller screen so it's possible something like that could be implemented but it's not currently planned.
Photo of Caitlin Hecsh

Caitlin Hecsh

• 40 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
So I'm looking at getting a NextBook - I like how compact it is and it seems to combine the best of both worlds, and I think I'll be able to work on my sites - right?
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
I don't see why it wouldn't work on NextBook. However, I cannot say for 100% that it will work. Perhaps when you test it out at the store, you can see if you can test the Sitebuilder.

This is an exciting purchase! I hope it works out for you.