Yola reps *heart* the Yola Code Site!

• Praise
  • Updated 10 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Outdated Thread

I have just been looking at http://yolacodes.yolasite.com/!

I have to tell you all how impressed I am with this website! It is so attractive and neatly laid out and so full of great information. This site has become a major and very valuable resource to our support team, and we link to it all the time when people ask us for help with advanced features for their sites - so it is saving hours of work.

The Yola reps simply would not have time to maintain a site with this level of detail and you guys have really come together so well to make it work. Please keep up the great work you are doing and know that it is greatly appreciated and being used to help more people than you realize!
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
  • thankful

Posted 11 years ago

Photo of Boomer

Boomer, Champion

• 2055 Posts
  • 84 Reply Likes
I'm feeling bad because I have not been around much to help with the site and would like to rephrase your last paragraph slightly, Monique.
"you guys" should become "you gal".....Thanks Littleus for all you do here, on the forum and on the site.
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Yes I know how hard Littleus personally works on this site, so I use "guys" in the broadest possible sense of the word :) Boomer - the link to Forsite is a great addition to the code site, so thank you too!
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
@Boomer - no need to feel bad!! You should definitely be acknowledged as this was your idea to begin with! I'm just helping it along. Teamwork! =)
Photo of Alex

Alex

• 3448 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
i love the code site too!

littleus & boomer have realy made a difference, i have used at least 5 codes from it :D
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
I really hope that people will start to rely on the Yola Code site for features they may use for their site.

It's been great coming across all these scripts and codes - something I might have not done if it weren't for this site! =)

Thanks for the support and encouragement. It helps to know that this Yola Code Site is in fact useful! =D
Photo of vk4vfxstu

vk4vfxstu

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I was wonderin where to get the code, i found the page with a code index and that is as far as i got would it not be simple to create a page with the code on it and it's file name and just cut and paste into the editor?
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello vk4vfxstu

Can you please let me know what code you're interested in? What you would need to do is go here: http://yolatestsite.com and in the chatbox, just say you're logging in. This will let people know that you are planning to go into the test site.

Then, at http://yola.com - login with the user login details given in on the rules page on the Yola Code site.

Once you're logged in, you can now navigate to the site you want to grab the codes from. Copy the codes needed and follow the directions given on that page.

If you have any trouble, please let me know!
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
I like the code site too! It has so much helpful codes and everything! It's awesome! Good job to everyone that created it!!

Cheers!
Nathan
Photo of vk4vfxstu

vk4vfxstu

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
G'day Sanja

Ok all understood but it really is a long and winded process just to copy a small script, as i said above just one click on a link with a page already to go instead of loggin into chatboxes and so on.

Maybe the technicians at Yola are plannin to incorporate the code into the page builder so it can be accessed through the editor from the widget box but maybe the script is in it's beta phase and needs to be tested before doin the above?

Anyway thanks again Sanja i appreciate your feedback and all that Yola provides it really is a great service.

Regards- Stu
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
Thats a good idea! Maybe they'll consider that because that would be cool!And it would help out too!

Thanks,
Nathan
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Just to let you know that this site was not made by Yola. It was actually made by the some of the champs on the forum (myself included before I became a Yola Rep) as a way to provide some codes to our forum members that we thought they might enjoy using. Yola is not affiliated with nor responsible for that site. Yola does, however, refer to it as a valuable resource for those who wish to have that extra something for their sites.

Having said this though, I do appreciate the feedback and I realize that it's an arduous process. As I am the main person who looks after the Yola Code site, it is my plan to amalgamate the Yola Code site with the HTML101 site (this is a Yola maintained site) and in the process, be able to provide codes in a much easier manner. This is going to be quite an undertaking and it'll be some time yet before this is done.

Until then, I hope that you can continue using the Yola Code site in spite of its somewhat difficult task in obtaining the codes.

Warm regards,
Sanja
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
Hi, but if it wasn't built with Yola, how does it have a .yolasite.com domain and how would we login to Yola to get the codes? Did I misunderstand you? Where you talking about another website that wasn't created with Yola?
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Sorry for the misunderstanding. It was built using Yola's Sitebuilder. What I had meant was that the Yola company did not construct this site. I hope that makes more sense now.
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
Sorry, I didn't read it right, I though it said "That site was not made with Yola"

Thanks,
Nathan