Yola Unplanned Outage

• Problem
  • Updated 9 years ago
  • Solved
Hi All

I am sorry to tell you that we that we are experiencing networking problems with an upstream service provider. Currently our website, sitebuilder and published sites are all affected.

We have contacted our provider and will update this thread as soon as we have any further information.

We are taking this situation very seriously and hope to resolve it as quickly as possible.
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
  • concerned - hope it will be fixed soon!

Posted 9 years ago

Photo of PowerStocks

PowerStocks

• 35 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
A tip for those who provide time-sensitive commercial info on their site for a fee (like us) 1. plan for this to happen again, Have a plan for a 2 day outage and have a response to how you will handle it and inform your clients. 2. Have a backup plan for the provision of the info (via email or another hosted provider where you can dump your files for clients to download. 3. use a free website availability and performance monitor to alert you the instant your site is unavailable so you know about it before your clients. We use http://mon.itor.us/ but i am sure there are many others.

Well Yola pulled through again and at least this wasn't another 3 day nightmare we had to face last year sometime.
Photo of John McCarthy

John McCarthy

• 1292 Posts
  • 99 Reply Likes
Awwww look at all the dog pictures :) Then one of the engineers posted a cat :L
Photo of Joe Moore

Joe Moore

• 44 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
It seems to be back up my site is loading but its pretty slow i know with the subdomain open time is high but i bought my domain through yola im having a 10 second load time thats horrible oh well im sure it will go back to normal good to see things are moving forward great support team you guys have:) Keep us informed and keep up the good work hope you catch thase no life hackers.
Photo of teresa.janzen

teresa.janzen

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes, all 3 of my domains seem to be back.
Now to try and get my advertisers back.
Photo of graeme watson

graeme watson

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
my site just loaded its changes didnt see any difference well done again Yola
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Wonderful Graeme, glad to hear it!
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Thanks guys for your support and understanding through this unexpected downtime. It really is appreciated and I think our Yola community rocks!
Photo of Anita

Anita

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you for the update!
Photo of Dnett

Dnett

• 23 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Is Yola still having difficulties with the server? All of my sites are loading fine but I have a recently published site (as of today) that does not load at all. I have tried to refresh the publish numerous times, but still the site is not getting picked up?
Photo of jeremy

jeremy, Employee

• 1349 Posts
  • 90 Reply Likes
Hi there Dnett,
We are not having any problems that we are aware of. Would you be able to tell us your URL or email us on support@yola.com and we can take a look at your site.
Photo of Zachary Chastain

Zachary Chastain

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yep, my website is working fine now. Loads fast and works perfectly. It must just be your site.
Photo of Dnett

Dnett

• 23 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Ok, I just submitted a request through support. I had purchased a new domain through Yola, which is the site with the problems: dj-supastar.com
Thanks for helping me. I hope this can get resolved.
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi Dnett - I've replied to your email. Your site is now up and you can view it by clicking on this link: http://www.dj-supastar.com/. Please let us know if you need any other assistance.
Photo of Dnett

Dnett

• 23 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
It works great now. THANKS!!! :)
Photo of t-t

t-t

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
THANKS EVERYING WORKS GREAT NOW .. mysuperpc.tk
Photo of John J Willard

John J Willard

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I Love Yola!

Events unseen happen it is life, yet, when we have them it is in the true character to deal with it and resolve the situation, Great Job Yola!!

Now, how about more templates & features.

I Love Yola!!!

johnjwillard
www.johnjwillard.com
Photo of John McCarthy

John McCarthy

• 1292 Posts
  • 99 Reply Likes
Yola recently ran a competition through 99 Designs so there may be some new styles arriving soon :)
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello John - thanks for your shout-out! Don't worry - we'll be adding more goodies to our Sitebuilder! :)
Photo of John J Willard

John J Willard

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
P.s.

Thank You!!!
Photo of Flint Einstein

Flint Einstein

• 43 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
any update?
Photo of jeremy

jeremy, Employee

• 1349 Posts
  • 90 Reply Likes
Hi there Flint,
Yola is up and running - we had a short unplanned outage earlier but we are back up. IF you can't log in please clear your cache and you should be good to go.
Photo of ugdjan

ugdjan

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
My sites are also down last week. So pls Yola give your attention to solve this as soon as you can.
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Hi ugdjan. We did have an outage last month (as described on this thread) and then again earlier this week where hosted sites were down for a number of hours. However all our hosted sites have been back up and running since 18 August. If your site is not up for any reason, please post your web address or email us at support@yola.com so that we can investigate further.